Got a bit of a problem here, could use some advice.

Vindekarr

So, I've got an Xbox 360 game that's been crashing when used, and it's turning into a rather contentious issue.

The game in question is Forza 4. It's a collectors edition, and unless Microsoft are pirating their own games now, it's 100% cert genuine(complete with receipts and a pre-order cert) But for some reason about 5 minutes after I put the disc in the machine, it CTDs with the error message "disc is corrupted, make sure you are using a genuine disc"

This disc's as genuine as genuine gets, since I got it via collector's edition preorder from EB Games. This leaves the possible cause as disc damage-when I first got it out of the case the disc drive shut on it and could have scratched it, and there is an unusual scratch along the disc's surface of a sort I've not seen before. This would seem to be the likely cause, but how is this rectifiable? obviously I can't claim the disc was broken on arrival, so how do I go about getting one that works? It's been a touchy issue too since my roomate was absolutely enfuriated when it stopped working and is now refusing to talk to me-please advise. :armscrossed:

EDIT AND has now broken 4 items of furniture.

He has anger management issues, to say the very least. Thanks for your various posts, got the disc replaced, by the looks of things it got munched up in my DVD drive(which has been on the blink lately) seems I need to do some shopping around for a new one, it's meant to play discs, not chow down upon them.