Is it just me, or is the mod community not quite what Skyrim's was.

Comfortblynumb2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean than no one will do it for you then, yes, and with good reason.

Where's the +1 button for this comment...

Pretty sure that's implemented over on the Bethesda "forums". :P

On the topic at hand, it isn't much of a surprise to me. The Fallout series has never been as popular as the TES series (though this may have changed with FO4), Bethesda took a long time to release the CK (though that didn't stop some mod authors), and in general things just have gotten a slower start. Give it some time. :)

Strange, I see Fallout 4's current mod scene as being remarkably like skyrim's.

That being it has so many Barbie Companions, cosmetic, graphical (enb presets), and "IMMURSHUN" mods.

New Vegas and 3 obviously had their share of that, but I remember their being a lot more stuff like Nifskope Armor/Weapons.

I guess those are just a bit more complex than earlier iterations of the engine, or people don't feel like they fit in with all the super well-made and high-res original weapons that get put out these days.

Edited by Radioactivelad

Topic.

I don't know if it's because Skyrim has been out X amount of years.

But to me, it seems like FO4's quality mods have been lacking, is this due to learning how to mod a new game? Is there less of a community working on this, than that which worked on Skyrim?

I seem to remember great mods dropping almost every day on Skyrim when it first came out, which i'm not seeing on FO4 so far, (minus a few solid mods)

It is just you...

It takes time for people to make mods. The Creation Kit doesn't get released one day, and then the next you have thousands of awesome quest mods to play... These things are made by real people with real lives and don't get released for months or even years.

Edited by TeamBacon

Its because no one ever helps each other on this forum

Man, do NOT even go there. If you go through your post history, you can literally see you trying to do something, getting stuck at every step, and immediately posting for help. You made no effort to find the answers yourself or try to do it yourself.

Further, if you go through all this damned post, you'll find that I replied to a large chunk of them, even PM'd you, trying to help you as best as I could, because I believe the modding community should work together. But as others pointed out, we cannot and will not do stuff for you. If you're not willing to even try, then its pointless. This isnt modding school.

I do think some people are overly protective of modding "secrets" at times, but thats their choice, whether I agree with that mentality or not. I have tried to personally be as active, social, and helpful as humanly possible despite my rather limited modding knowledge, because I want to see people create awesome new stuff and get new ideas in the community. But I also get tired of answering the same damned questions because people didn't even bother to look for the answer or discover it on their own.

You really just kind of pissed me off there. I probably shouldnt have bothered trying to answer so many of your post and made you try to figure it out on your own, but I kept hoping that you would get over the "hump" and start working things out on your own as you understood it more. Yeah, I may not have been able to help you in every thread, hell maybe even most threads, but I tried to point you in the right direction at minimal.

And on the topic (Sorry for the above rant, but that was nonsense.)

As many have mentioned, it takes tiiimmmeee. My god, I am simply designing new raider themed items to just prepare to actually start the bulk of my mod (Adding them to the workshop as I go too, though), but just that is incredibly time consuming to insure I am A) doing it right, and B) to come up with ideas, to edit the models, textures or anything else I need, and to put them in the game properly. And I am not even currently adding super fancy objects that do any cool scripted stuff!

It takes a lot of time. The veterans and prodigies may crank content out fast (DDP is fast...) but us new modders, slowww.

i think your wrong,i have ben in nexus since fallout 3, and yes maybe the mods didn't reach skyrim mods quality but skyrim as been moded for years know... and when i see the quality of Fallout 4 mods now, i think there will be much better quality works for fallout 4, look at mods like weponsmith, armorsmith, settlement keywords , true stroms etc.. modders are doing excellent work preparing modding and sharing frameworks for you and me to install mods without to much bugs... and as for the help receiveid in the forums it's depends, my self i started posted in the forums to have some help with my mods, and sometimes you have no respond sometimes people wnats to help you it's depends. But it's normal so much people post in the forum without searching first for answers, so obviously people are fed up of helping sometimes.

Before posting on forums i sorted my load orders resintall check every mods i have like 10 times for the all week and since ihave still problems i decided posting my problem and now some people are helping me... but you have to work on your side a little to because if you juyst posting a think every time you have a bug that n(ot very good