Is it just me, or is the mod community not quite what Skyrim's was.

Comfortblynumb2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~

Another claim of the bad engine. Give it a break, will ya?

Hey, one of my favorite hobbies is listening to people who don't understand game engines lecture me about game engines.

Well, not unlike that there will always be a thread lamenting that this community is not up to the standards of the previous community, there will always be someone saying that X current engine/implementation is whack (not defending the engine, just saying).

Edit: I'm actually getting a little grumpy with this thread right now. There's a little undertone'd, subtle putting down of other people's (modders) work going on here...and it's a little off-putting. Anh, no ones forcing me to read it. <shrug>

I feel like the new system implemented when Bethesda launched the CK has completely removed any urge for me to mod or test mods, or anything of the sort. It's so annoying I honestly might take down the ultimate fallout 4 mod compilation just so i don't have to experience it anymore. I literally quit the game the day it was released and haven't turned it back on since. The in-game modding menu is ruining the entire experience for me

Edited by Haoswidasee

Wow. I think you have some misdirected anger there, zanity.

Also, I find it telling that you continue to play, mod, and chat about FO4, all while trashing it and the people who made it. Seriously dude, take a deep breath and relax a bit.

Oh, and one more thing: you can't have spent any time with the updated CK yet, because I HAVE, and I can tell you that it's leagues better than the version used for skyrim. Not necessarily in world editing (i have no experience there), but in everything else. And believe me, world editing is only a small part of modding.

Edited by steelfeathers

Also, I find it telling that you continue to play, mod, and chat about FO4, all while trashing it and the people who made it. Seriously dude, take a deep breath and relax a bit.

Oh, and one more thing: you can't have spent any time with the updated CK yet, because I HAVE, and I can tell you that it's leagues better than the version used for skyrim. Not necessarily in world editing (i have no experience there), but in everything else. And believe me, world editing is only a small part of modding.

I'm not talking about the CK itself, I am talking about the system they put in the day it was released. Where you have to go in and check all the mods and everything like that. If you use NMM you have to basically do it all twice. And mark files read-only and stupid stuff like that. It's not worth it if you are testing multiple mods or need to do any technical work. It was far better months ago before the CK was released.

I'm not talking about the CK itself, I am talking about the system they put in the day it was released. Where you have to go in and check all the mods and everything like that. If you use NMM you have to basically do it all twice. And mark files read-only and stupid stuff like that. It's not worth it if you are testing multiple mods or need to do any technical work. It was far better months ago before the CK was released.

Except you don't have to, not if the updates to NMM work properly for you of course. And if they do, you have no reason to look at that screen at all :)

Except you don't have to, not if the updates to NMM work properly for you of course. And if they do, you have no reason to look at that screen at all :)

Yep, other than to just look at the screen once to see how it looked (after the fact, by the way), didn't need to look at that screen even again.

Maybe I'm lucky though...?