Music or No?

AurianaValoria1

I know I enjoy playing Morrowind and Oblivion without music sometimes, especially since it eliminates the "battle alert." :P

Will you mute the music for your first playthrough, or keep it?

Mute that epic battle music with chorales and all...? Absolutely not! :P

Dragonborn, Dragonborn

By his honor is sworn

To keep evil forever at bay

And the fiercest foes rout...

Edited by Rydan

by definition

music breaks immersion

Hmm... by definition? You mean like, cuz real life doesn't have theme music it breaks immersion?

I disagree, bad music can surely break immersion as it makes you think about just how bad it is, which brings you out of the game.

However, a good soundtrack that matches and reinforces what happens on the screen can severely enhance immersion.

I mean it's personal of course, some people feel more immersed without music, but breaks immersion by definition...? No no.

EDIT:

As for the topic... **** yeah I'll have the music on. It's Jeremy Soule man, heresy to mute that stuff :D

Edited by Adrius2

by definition

music breaks immersion

Hmm... by definition? You mean like, cuz real life doesn't have theme music it breaks immersion?

I disagree, bad music can surely break immersion as it makes you think about just how bad it is, which brings you out of the game.

However, a good soundtrack that matches and reinforces what happens on the screen can severely enhance immersion.

I mean it's personal of course, some people feel more immersed without music, but breaks immersion by definition...? No no.

EDIT:

As for the topic... **** yeah I'll have the music on. It's Jeremy Soule man, heresy to mute that stuff :D

All of this ^

Edit: I did install a mod for extra music after my 40th playthrough though xD

Edited by jedimembrain