Opinions on a Skyrim Remaster?

LordNyron

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe they would release a pc version tbh, they will most likely just add mod support for consoles and maybe fix one or two things tops

nvm, just noticed how stupid my sentense was, if there is mod support for consoles we need a pc version too. unless its in the same environment as the skyrim we have right now

Edited by kasai409

i dont believe they would release a pc version tbh, they will most likely just add mod support for consoles and maybe fix one or two things tops

nvm, just noticed how stupid my sentense was, if there is mod support for consoles we need a pc version too

Yeah. Something tells me modders, who are almost all on PC(A few console players might have decided to make mods aimed at consoles for Fallout 4.), won't want to make mods specifically for consoles and not PC, especially after Fallout 4 mods were being stolen.

"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim re-release for the PS4 and Xbox One will feature improved graphics, mod support and should include all the post-launch DLC, according to the insiders who have leaked the information. Mod support is something that is still new for consoles and it has only launched for Fallout 4, another Bethesda Softworks game

Read more at: http://gearnuke.com/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-definitive-edition-appears-pre-order-ps4xbox-one/#"

If so, i can see the appeal to console users, since they get both better graphics and mod support. But, assuming there will be a PC version, unless there is some engine overhaul to bring more stability, i don't think things change much.

Edited by Legedur

I really hope it's not a Skyrim remaster. If any game needs a remaster, it would be Daggerfall. If Oblivion can be effectively played today, so can Fallout 3, so I'd hope either of those are out of the question. It could also be Redguard, because of the trademark recently refiled.

I really would want a totally new Elder Scrolls, or even a side game on the lines of Redguard or the such. A remaster would be disappointing imo, since they seem to be getting more common, and I wouldn't want Bethesda falling into that remake trap as Nintendo seems to have.

Why would it even matter? Forgive my ignorance, but it seems that whatever dev's are or are not up to, the mod world ( I detest "community") has proven to be far above the tasks to fix, repair, improve, invent, and take X game to a new level of playability and enjoy-ability.

I would pay money for a Skyrim that is completely stable and has improved graphics and hopefully some improved gameplay mechanics.

However, I would rather see Oblivion or Morrowind remastered. As much as I loved those games back in the day, when I try to come back to them after playing modern, streamlined games, it's pretty painful to deal with the clunky, unintuitive mechanics of older RPGs. Also, let's be honest; exploring Tamriel is more fun when there are beautiful sights to see. Oblivion was an eyesore.

But most of all, I would rather see <I>no</I> game remastered and instead have Bethesa focus on creating a more stable and well-crafted TESVI for the upcoming game engines.