Nexus Mod Manager in extended closed beta with mod authors

Dark0ne

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you spam me only once in 3 or 4 years since I've been a member. Why this is just perposterous and I'm going to write a very polite yet FIRM letter!

Just joking of course!

I wish I could help with the new project and it DOES sound exciting, but I'm too busy at the moment back in school and working when I can find it. Unfortunately this excellent site has fallen off my radar for the most part, though I love to check my humble files every now and then to see if any fish are biting. :) I'm sorry I could not go premium in all that time, although if things pick up for me then I will, even if I'm not planning on using the site much.

The excellent level of fair-play control that Robin Scott has maintined on this site, as well as the general interface, has been a major part of why I even have continued to waste many, many hours of my time modding and playing! Realy Bethesda, in fairness to them, provided the majority of that, but Robin provided the best backdrop to that effect that I know of. Certainly a lesser site would not have motivated me as much. Thank you for making the mod-hosting experience so cool and fun, and congratulations for bringing about what must surely be the BEST site to that effect.

And good luck with the new mod manager. One of my retirement goals is to be able to play modded Oblivion and Morrowind as easily as possible. A huge part of the reason is a site like this!

I'm really looking forward to checking this out. I have used OBMM and FOMM for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. Can't wait to start using this for Skyrim when it comes out.

A few technical questions:

1. Is this built upon OBMM/FOMM source or was it written from scratch?
  2. If it was written from scratch, what language is it being developed in?
  3. What .NET Framework version does this make use of?
  4. Is it still using Windows Forms or does it now make use of WPF?
  5. Does it still make use of SevenZipSharp to handle reading/writing the actual fomod files?
  6. Will XML scripts use the same format/schema?

Skyrim comes out next week. If NMM is not ready for open beta at that time, can FOMM or OBMM be used to install mods? As I recall mods for FONV started showing up very soon after release.

Thanks to all you mod authors and thanks to the Nexus team for all the great and creative work you do to make the games even better.

LOL, can't resist

Mod authors are not normal, remember you heard it here first !

ummmmmmmm, that included me.......hokay !

I cannot speak officially, but I would assume that when all currently hosted games are included it will be an open beta test.