Skyrim REALLY looks like BEOWULF right?

Diso

Hey guys,

I was actually really unaware of the resemblance of the two titles Beowulf and Skyrim. Beowulf is a movie about a king who fights a dragon in the end of the movie.

But the awkward similarity between the two titles have actually quite blown me away.

Check out a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exk2F4CjMic&feature=related

Even the OST of Beowulf is SO similiar to Skryim, check it out:

What do you think?

Edited by Diso

Yes, Skyrim is inspired by Beowulf and the time Beowulf took place. Approximately. The music itself is inspired from that period, and I reckon anything you try to make turns out pretty much the same. And since it's sort of a fantasy movie, it has dragons as well. They believed dragons were known to exist during this period, but most likely a thrilling tale villagers spread in the towns. The only new information which came to the village was the information from the travelers, and that information wasn't always reliable.

I changed this post since no one seemed to understand what I meant.

Edited by hejpadig

Sorry OP but Beowulf is not 'a movie' it's an old English Poem, the focus of that appalling film was largely on the dragon. In Poem the dragon is barely mentioned, the main focus being on the monster Grendel, who was likely just one of the hill folk.

The story of Beowulf has no doubt inspired every fantasy game you've ever played in some way, in the poem Beowulf also waits 50 years to fight the dragon and subsequently die from his wounds. I will admit that the two storylines have similarities but Skyrim seems more about helping an entire world, those of us familiar with Beowulf tales will know he was a greedy and selfish man, who thought only of himself and how he would be remembered.

Love that movie but that I recall the main story was tie around grendal and the mother. Witch I think was a evil spawn that came from the old king.

Beowulf was also just a normal hero vs a dragonborn a special bloodline witch makes him or her able to do things no other can.

I dont know about a poem, all I know it was quite a good movie and it WAS about dragons. Because the treasure in the movie ought to be from the dragons throat or something like that.

But back to the main subject, there is quite a resemblance right? I mean even the music sounds alike..

Beowulf was set in Scandinavia. Skyrim is more or less based on Scandinavia and the Nords are based on Norse people, so it's no surprise that the two are fairly similar. I'm pretty sure that Beth got inspiration for the dragons from Beowulf though.