Your #1 dislike about Oblivion?

onson

Mine was the stuttering. No matter what I did I always had that draw distance stutter issue.

If Skyrim was just Oblivion with a better engine I would still be thrilled.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boring chore-like tasks I had to perform regularly (multiple trips to get loot out of dungeons, and CONSTANTLY repairing everything). I realise that some people like these features for the added realism, but I left like it just took away from the experience because I had to do it so much. Other then that level scaling and unsatisfying combat were minor irritations. I'm glad I can use a companion to carry some stuff for me and don't have to worry about repair this time around. :biggrin:

The entire levelling system with major/minor skills and how they related to stats, including how many points you could distribute. It completely ruined the basic game for me, as it was obviously centered entirely around a sword+board warrior, worked okay with an archer and outright laughed in the face of a magic user. The list of things I don't like about unmodded Oblivion is so long that it'll probably take all night to type them out, but thankfully the community saved it and Skyrim fixed pretty much 100% of my issues with the system, based on revealed info so far.