Your #1 dislike about Oblivion?

onson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting reading on this subject. I doubt that there will ever be the 'perfect' game, even with the advance in game technology. Oblivion was not perfect, far from it, but even so...I still think it is one of the most visually pleasing games I have enjoyed, even now. The modding community made many mods that made Oblivion even more interesting and I now use it as a tool to learn how to make mods. For me, the one real weak point in Oblivion was the voicing. Hearing the same voice over and over again for different characters, some even sounding like they were just reading their lines in the studio.

Just to add to this, I think if they re-made Oblivion and updated everything, enhance the storyline, a complete re-build if you will, it could possibly be a hit with the game community. Just a thought.

I hope many of these issues will not be in Skyrim. I do know that many well known actors will be voicing Skyrim and that should be interesting.

Since we aren't mentioning any of the awesome things in this thread it makes Oblivion sound like a really crappy game :(

But anyway, i suppose i never fancied the leveling system, but i would never get a overhaul mod.

I like texture and graphics mods, but when it comes to messing wih the way the game was suppose to be played, well, thats just wrong, according to me.

As a lot of people have said, the interaction with NPCs sucked pretty hard in Oblivion. Time would freeze, you would zoom right within two feet of the NPC's face and the responses were about as expressive as a block of wood. Skyrim sounds like they improved the voices though I still worry about how they will handle the sounds of crowds. The "crowds" cheering when I left for the Battle of Bruma or the welcome at Cloud Ruler Temple was just pathetic.

I can remeber the 5-6 stuttered, Hoorays! that was awful ^^.

i do love oblivion, but i can no longer go back to Vanilla, modding it has just made it look soo much better, and gameplay fixes and improvements,

i remeber Spamming screenshots of sunsets with QTP3. and the Natural mods.

nice.

Where to start...

1.) As many said NPC's pretty much everything about them. The voice acting the was sub par and the dialogue was more than dissapointing. If you stood in a town for 10 minutes you could easily tell they were scripted their actions. Stealing was to simple I just had to run out of sight and grab something and nothing happened. There was no real life to the world in my opinion. I want to see people shopping.

2.) Dungeons/Caves etc.. Was so boring finding the same stuff and bad guys in every single dungeon every time I hoped to find something special and would leave disappointed.

3.) The guilds most of them were boring, dark brotherhood and theives guild were maybe the best but still felt like there was no gift to being in charge of the groups other than that mask which made everything way to easy and was kinda a joke. Way to overpowered.

4.) Vampires, I mean not drinking blood made them more of a vampire?? That was wierd to me, and there should be far more hatred and hunters after you for just being a vampire. Able to turn some people but it has a risk to it.

5.) Leveling system, enemies leveled with you no real challenge to the whole game .. yawn...

6.) Archery, I want wind and weather to effect my shots so im not making 300 foot shots no problem right into the head of the badguy.

7.) Magic while it was ok I want to feel powerful as a mage, feel like my spells are earth shaking and that was just not apparent.

8.) Consequences to your actions, They had them to a point but i want there to be a far bigger reason to stay away from jail than a simple jailbreak or sleep on bed and be released.

9.) Moving economy, I want to see traders come and move around product so i cant just sell a sword i found come back 30 days later and guess what Its still there!

10.) Better home customization, ability to people your weapons in the weapon racks, and place objects properly on tables etc..

I could go on forever, but it doesn't matter till i get to play skyrim and see how much they have improved.

the NUMBER ONE thing I want fixed is...

shoddy modders!

yes, i am serious,... I got so sick of downloading a mod that should only be 5k bytes or so and see'ing it as over 2 megabytes and thinking to myself "wtf?" because some idiot compressed all scripts.

then you try telling them this on their mod page, and they dont get it! ...some people should not be modding...(you know who you are! *points angry finger*)

so, I am basically dreading a repeat of this because of complete noobs releasing buggy work without a word of warning or even checking their own work for that matter...

Breaking ten lockpicks on a very hard locked chest to find a lockpick inside it.

^^ and this

Edited by El`derina