Steam Forums Hacked.

JimboUK

So yeah, Steam get hacked before Skyrim is released. Way to go Beth, you push some people to really cancel there pre-orders huh.

By what logic? How is it Bethsoft's fault exactly? How does this affect anyone who wasn't using Steam forums? How exactly do you connect a one time activation and presence of what is essentially a DRM and updating software with a forum where someone has to manually register with their steam name? How exactly, given the fact that hacking groups have been particularly active on gaming sites, is it Bethsoft's fault that the user decided to use the same password in both places.

Blame Steam for not shoring up their systems. Bethsoft has nothing to do with your own bad password security. Bethsoft uses Steam, but only because it is the best platform currently around for legal digital distribution, game updating, and DRM that is neither invasive, damaging, or hard on resources.

Rule of thumb these days... Don't use any password more than once on anything remotely related.

lol i use the same password for everything :P maybe itll bite me in the ass someday, maybe it wont. i just dont wanna remember 43920423 passwords

but this doesnt affect me. i dont use the Steam forums.