We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

A new patch?

ClayboTGW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how long it will be for F4se to be updated? Its a pain not being able to play now. Hopefully it won't be too long....

They are really quick - it will take 2-3 weeks

no - just kidding, it will take just a few days. But its a never ending circle:

"game" (beth.net) update - F4SE update - mod update - from beginning.....

I copy my fallout4 folder to a second hard drive. Big hard drives are cheap. All I needed to do when Steam updated (I needed to run the launcher to change a setting and did not see the pending patch) is go get my backup of Fallout4.exe from my other drive and I was back up and playing. As long as that file matches the check on F4SE it will run.

Any idea how long it will be for F4se to be updated? Its a pain not being able to play now. Hopefully it won't be too long....

They are really quick - it will take 2-3 weeks

no - just kidding, it will take just a few days. But its a never ending circle:

"game" (beth.net) update - F4SE update - mod update - from beginning.....

They normally have a version for the "beta" already waiting in the wings, but this patch seems to have popped up out of no where, so it may take them a couple of days to get back up to speed....usually mod authors that require F4SE are right on their heels.

Yes, but the most annoying thing is, that those patches just update beth.net-issues. No changes at the game itself. Check the update list at page 01: Better mod description, corrected file size...etc etc bla-bla. There are tons of bugs ingame - they should be fixed, too, but nope: Just beth.net

Edited by Nermal_66

I have found a solution to the F4SE issue. It feels skeevy as hell, but it works.

https://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80

I checked out the .BAT, and it looks legit, comes complete with an auto-backup function for all of it's changes and an MD5 check to verify the file versions.

Loaded up and launched with F4SE and it ran.

And best of all, Steam won't throw a fit and demand you update.(launcher may be required)