Fallout 4 DLC news actually makes me sad

gunslinger6792

I know I know a video game makes me feel sad boohoo for me and suck it up cupcake. Well if you think that you'd be right and I won't argue the point with you. I'm a grown ass 24 year old man I should be better than this. Perhaps it's the lack of having a job right now and living in the middle of nowhere that makes fallout mean more to me than it should. Nonetheless I was suprised and then saddened to hear that Nuka World was the last DLC that was actually a story DLC. My hope that Bethesda would release story DLC's on par with fallout 3 or FNV got squashed like a bug. My hope that the world of fallout 4 would be fleshed out more and that we'd finally get a fallout story we'd come to expect. Instead we got more settlement DLC which for one just isn't my thing but secondly feels like the cheap and easy thing to do. More than anything though I find myself wishing I enjoyed fallout 4 as much as I had with fallout 3 or FNV. Those were games that I could dive into to escape the world and rocky home life. They were games that lead me to meet wonderful people here and later learn how to create mods. So hear I sit feeling silly typing this all out for the interwebs to read but feeling compelled to nonetheless. I'll continue to try to mod fallout 4 in a small effort to improve the game but that won't take away the feeling I'm mourning the passing of an old friend.

I suggest drinking. Heavily.

Friend it is that for that reason I very rarely drink. I find it's a bad idea to drink while unhappy, besides I did that enough in college and nearly had my own version of coyote ugly.

Story DLC=effort. Effort=hard/costly. FO4 DLC buyers = suckers. Suckers = cash for no effort. Non-story DLC = no real effort (just go rip off more FO3/NV/Skyrim mods).

In fairness to Beth, their REAL effort is going into the slate of new games. I mean they've already made an absolute fortune from FO4 with a TINY dev budget (and a third-rate team that made FO4). So why waste more real money working on FO4 when when FO4 victims- er I mean owners- will slurp up any old rubbish DLC and thank Beth at the same time for ensuring the CK is so poor, modders struggle to produce the same.

It made me happy. I love the building mechanic and nuka world sounds like it will own, it also sounds like they're completely doing a whole new fifth route but I think we need to wait to make that judgement.

Well we always have the modders who end up making the game fun anyways. I have a lot of admiration for the modders. So if this is the end then they will take up the slack and who knows what we will get :smile:

Maybe the only reason why I still stick with Bethesda games.

I suggest drinking. Heavily.

Friend it is that for that reason I very rarely drink. I find it's a bad idea to drink while unhappy, besides I did that enough in college and nearly had my own version of coyote ugly.

As long as it's the girls dancing on the bartop part of the movie, I can't find anything wrong with this :tongue:

I know how you feel, gunslinger. Fallout and modding are my only passions and it's so sad to have no hope for further development of FO4. But we still have mods and making mods and there's always FO3/NV/TTW to fall back on. Personally, I have no plans to publicly mod FO4 but after taking a break this summer I hope to be back at FO3 and TTW projects in the fall.

Would be nice to see another house mod by you there :)