Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

^^ Will try on low, but I have very little faith it'll work...

This game was so amazing, I was hooked, then bam. As soon as I completed the Golden Claw quest it started messing up.

Edited by LHammonds
Cleaned up language...again.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same black screen problem that u guys mentioned above. After I did some setting changes this afternoon. I figured out something. I am running a windows vista 64-bit os and a Mobility Raedon 3870x2 Display card on a Alienware M17 R1 laptop. The black screen issue only appear when I'm running the game as a 1920x1080 resolution. After I changes my setting to 800x600 , it seems run smoothly and never crash again in either indoor or outdoor environment. When I switched back to 1920x1080 it crashes after 2 minutes gameplay. So I am thinking this issue is related to the display card's overheating. I don't know if u guys whom trying to use a lower resolution setting will solve this problem. For me, it seems work.

First sorry for my english it's not my native language but i try...

I have the exact same problem my pc crashes and freezes with a weird sound and i have to reset my computer.

I tried everything i have updated everything and still the same thing happens i also put the update 1 repack but it didn't help with the crashes

.The game crashes only at the outside because i did a few dungeons and the first tutorial dungeon without a problem.

We all waited for so long for this game its amazing but we can't play it i hope that someone post a crack fix for the game.

I have i3 540 3.06 hd 6770 4 g ram and my cousin have the same system and no problem at all i can't understand wtf is happening

I have the same EXACT problem everyone else has, however this is not the first game that this has happened to me, I struggled to get through The Witcher because of this problem aswell.

Spex

AMD 3x Core 3.3ghz

Radeon 6850

6 gigs dual channel

Windows 7 64 bit

My copy is pirated for what its worth but I don't think that has anything to do with the crash.

I've been playing BF3 these last couple of weeks on high-ultra and have had no problems with stability or performance.

It seems lots of others are having the same, 20 guests viewing this thread currently.

Someone on the Bethesda forums suggested running the game in windowed mode, and this seems to have solved the problem for me (on maxed out settings and highest resolution). I am playing a legitimate copy of the game, if that matters.

Good luck, guys!

EDIT: I was able to play for about 2 hours this morning, but apparently it was just a lucky run. Windowed mode does not actually help. It seems like the longer I go without playing, the longer the game will run before crashing my system.

Edited by DanRocco

Same problem, etc etc

Only it's about a half hour to an hour before my game crashes

it's always outside

I'm running Win7 64x

ATI Radeon HD 4800

I'm very relived to know that I'm not the only person having this problem. Since so many people are having it, it'll (hopefully) be fixed sooner.