Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Getting a bit ticked off right now. Got an e-mail back from Bethesda saying I need to shut down all background apps and how to do it. They're mailing me this AFTER I specifically told them I updated my drivers and I shut down all running background apps (because I know that's the first thing they're going to ask).

Sent them this link with all the people having the problem. Hopefully they'll take us a bit more seriously.

Edit: for the person who asked, yes I have a legit copy of Skyrim.

Edited by Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitty Dragon Born!

I set minimal detail level, 800x600 resolution, then i load saved game and randomly after 10sec to a few minutes I get CRASH, on my screen i see some gray vertical bars (shortcuts like ctrl alt del, or alt tab does not work), then after a few seconds my computer beeps and restarts!!!!!!!!

For comparision I play BattleField 3 using high settings, so fix your cripple game Bethesda!!!!!

Happens to me too dudes, was crashing completely had to hard shut off my computer, but then I did the no AA from the game and only use the AA on my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 4800), now it still crashes every now and then, but it's to desktop. Trying to fix that problem now lol

just saving every 5min incase

Win7 64 bit, intel2 Quad core, 4GB ram

Well I got to play a bunch of hours with turning off AA but now I got my first black screen crash again, this time in a dungeon, that's a first for me too. Seems like they happen in dungeons just the same. Edited by Zolexus

Hmmm I noticed something. I've played Fridayafternoon, Saturdayafternoon and Sundayafternoon without any crashes. But Fridayevening and now Sundayevening (today) it crashes extremely quickly. Might be an odd coincidence but it seems to only crash in the evening for me so far.

I have contacted Bethesda, and they gave me this solution:

Go to Control Panel.

Choose either "Hardware and sound" or "Sound". If you had "Hardware and Sound", choose "Sound" from the next menu.

Under the "Playback" tab, highlight the item with a green check on it. Click the Properties button.

Click the "Advanced" Tab. Under "Default Format", change it to 44.1 Khz (44100) and 16 bit (CD quality.)

Choose OK and try to launch Skyrim again.

After some quick testing (about 20 minutes) I had no crashes, I'm not going to celebrate too early but give it a try and see if it helps you.

I have contacted Bethesda, and they gave me this solution:

Go to Control Panel.

Choose either "Hardware and sound" or "Sound". If you had "Hardware and Sound", choose "Sound" from the next menu.

Under the "Playback" tab, highlight the item with a green check on it. Click the Properties button.

Click the "Advanced" Tab. Under "Default Format", change it to 44.1 Khz (44100) and 16 bit (CD quality.)

Choose OK and try to launch Skyrim again.

After some quick testing (about 20 minutes) I had no crashes, I'm not going to celebrate too early but give it a try and see if it helps you.

also testing this ive been having the same problem as everyone, random crashing with black screen sound loop.