Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I tried the underclocking method on my Radeon HD 6850 and it works for me ALMOST exactly as they said. GPU still maxed out at 75C, so I'll wait for patch, but at least I can play for short bursts (well relatively short, about 2-3 hours) and I love it.

Only problem I had was random texture bugs. A few textures took a second to load or fix themselves so it looked a bit weird sometimes. I'll await the patch to see if it works but at least I can play for now.

hey guys i got this same issue...

16gb ram, ati radeon hd 6870... i can play on ultra settings all maxed out at 60 fps constant... but then randomly my graphics card turns off and my screen shuts off...

my card gets to like 70C when playing... and I have some serious cooling in my system. my vrms dont go over 50C.

my gpu fans are set to 40% when playing games, so I can hear the fans (not too loud tho) when i'm playing skyrim. when this crash occurs, my graphics card shuts off.

i was monitoring GPU-z and saved the results. GPU usage was 24% at crash... so i'm ruling that out. my card can handle BF3 on all ultra (medium shadows, abient occlusion on the 2nd best setting) at 50+ fps constant...

every bethesda game has had TERRIBLE issues like this... their games have this awesome story and setting... but WTF its not possible to experience it when your system can't run it....

i'm not running the best specs but damn these are pretty damn good for skyrim...

I was having the exact same issues as you guys: Black screen after 10 - 600 seconds of game play, monitor light goes orange, then music glitches out soon after.

My video card is an AMD 6870 (latest driver) running on windows 7 64 bit.

But then for some reason when I had another user logged on at the same time as me; I got NO black screen crashes for a full 20 hours of Skyrim split over two days and I still don't get them.

Would you guys mind test to see if this works for anybody else?

I was having the exact same issues as you guys: Black screen after 10 - 600 seconds of game play, monitor light goes orange, then music glitches out soon after.

But then for some reason when I had another user logged on at the same time as me; I got NO black screen crashes for a full 20 hours of Skyrim split over two days and I still don't get them.

Your setup is the same as mine, so I'll try this workaround tomorrow after work. Let me ask you, though:

Are you trying any other fixes as well (underclocking, lower graphics, etc.)?

What power saving setting(s) are enabled in Windows?

And do you mean you just have another Windows user logged in in the background?

Thanks.

Your setup is the same as mine, so I'll try this workaround tomorrow after work. Let me ask you, though:

Are you trying any other fixes as well (underclocking, lower graphics, etc.)?

What power saving setting(s) are enabled in Windows?

And do you mean you just have another Windows user logged in in the background?

Thanks.

I am running on 1080p ultra settings with no change on the other settings.

I have never once touched my power settings so It will the standard for windows 7 home premium on a desktop.

Yes I have another windows user logged in in the background and this has permanently fix the issue.

My Skyrim decided to completely rape my PC too. I played today just for some time, everything worked fine, was trying out a mod, Antiallias and sharpen effect.

Tried both dx9 and dx10 version, one worked, one didnt. So I turn off Skyrim to swap the files, the only change I did today, boom. Skyrim locks up my PC EVERY single time I run it.

It doesnt go to Bethesda Logo, no main menu, no sound, nothing. I run Skyrim, screen turns black and thats it. Since 11.11.11 it was normal, but today suddenly it went "nuh uh".

Playing in windowed mode causes the same thing, window appears, pc locks. I removed mods, tried sound settings, reinstalled the whole thing and its still happening.