Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

hey Zolexus first go here clicky

open the catalyst controll centre advanced (type CCC in start menue search box, go to 3D options and have a look set everything to application defined or the equiv. turn off Catalyst A.I

and problems just post :thumbsup:

No checkbox to turn AI off. I read somewhere if I put it on "high quality" it'll be off anyway tho?

gonna try this now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue with monitor turning off and having to hard reset while in the prisoner cart. This was happening with the video card at 75C and the auto fan speed at 40%

To cut to the chase: I was able to fix this by manually adjusting my fan speed to 75%.

Went from crashing 10 seconds into the intro to playing for 5-10 hrs with no crashes.

edit: my card was crashing anytime the temp got above 75 C in Skyrim ONLY. It was not crashing in other games at that temp.

Edited by draihahaikio

I had the same issue with monitor turning off and having to hard reset while in the prisoner cart. This was happening with the video card at 75C and the auto fan speed at 40%

To cut to the chase: I was able to fix this by manually adjusting my fan speed to 75%.

Went from crashing 10 seconds into the intro to playing for 5-10 hrs with no crashes.

edit: my card was crashing anytime the temp got above 75 C in Skyrim ONLY. It was not crashing in other games at that temp.

thats what i was saying peoples pc a shutting down to protect damage from over heating, i made a change in my power options to bring my temps down

and now the game works fine

I'm thinking there may actually be more than one issue (just f***ing lol if true) that is causing the game to black screen. If you have an AMD card and turning off catalyst AI & setting it to performance on the slider doesn't work for you, are you crashing while looking at the map only or does it happen at any point in the game? There has to be multiple issues if turning off catalyst AI is actually fixing things for some people.

Only when I look at the map, it hasn't crashed a single time besides that.

Hmm switched back to my laptop with CPU limited to 70%..no problem this time :/ my desktop crashed really fast..but it runs so much smoother there narf...patch it!

So thats 3 people now who have trottled there cpu and it's working maybe if some in here wants to change the multiplier on there motherboard i.e 13 to 9 or 10 just to test,

if it works then, a least we've found out what the problem is.

thats what i was saying peoples pc a shutting down to protect damage from over heating, i made a change in my power options to bring my temps down

I just tried running it with my CPU fan speed jacked up... and a box fan pointing directly into my open computer case. It crashed, and I got it on film this time. YouTube link on the way...

I just tried running it with my CPU fan speed jacked up... and a box fan pointing directly into my open computer case. It crashed, and I got it on film this time. YouTube link on the way...

Can you change the multiplier in your bios i thinks it a problem with the proc getting maxed out and over heating see if you can throttle it back a bit

if your running a coreduo or i3/5/7/ you can use throttlestop

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?227689-ThrottleStop-Performance-Adjustment-Tool-for-Core-2-Core-i-CPUs

Can you change the multiplier in your bios i thinks it a problem with the proc getting maxed out and over heating see if you can throttle it back a bit

if your running a coreduo or i3/5/7/ you can use throttlestop

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?227689-ThrottleStop-Performance-Adjustment-Tool-for-Core-2-Core-i-CPUs

Explain to me what that means, exactly, and I'll give it a try, heh.

(Also, here's a Youtube video of me reproducing the BSC in Whiterun:

)