Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took an old HDD and installed a clean version of windows on it. nothing else, no patches no updates no drivers except for the latest ATI 11.11. Installed the game loaded my last save which is where the game crashed on me after about 30 sec. and everything works fine now. Not conclusive by all means but still.. something.

Just for fun i tried a clean install with Windows XP 32Bit..my glimpse of hope was shattered after about 30secs :O lol

@ Thor.

We have serious issues, not just a crash to the desktop..the games makes our graphic cards quit and shut down the whole system

hey Zolexus first go here clicky

open the catalyst controll centre advanced (type CCC in start menue search box, go to 3D options and have a look set everything to application defined or the equiv. turn off Catalyst A.I

and problems just post :thumbsup:

What do you mean by turn off AI? Under my AI option there's a slider for texture filtering quality and a check box for surface format optimization. (which is currently checked)

Hello

I have problem with game start.

Installed:

FXAA Post Process Injector

and some textures mod

redirecting CreateDevice
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
injFX_Settings.h(32,31): warning X1519: 'FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET' : macro redefinition
injFX_Shaders\Fxaa3_11.h(1005,33): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'FXAA_QUALITY__P0'

EDIT:

OK works i just paste the orginal injFX_Settings.h with v.1.3 my first was rendermax_fine_tuning_FX_2_0-174-2-0

Doesn't work on newest version

Edited by patrykr13

Help us Nvidia card owners in need!

Control panel--->power options---->change plan settings--->change advanced power settings---->expand processor power options--->expand maxium processor state

i've changed mine to 70% this worked for me i played tonight for 4 hours before that i was getting 30 mins or less

i have Nv Quadro 2800M

I'm thinking there may actually be more than one issue (just f***ing lol if true) that is causing the game to black screen. If you have an AMD card and turning off catalyst AI & setting it to performance on the slider doesn't work for you, are you crashing while looking at the map only or does it happen at any point in the game? There has to be multiple issues if turning off catalyst AI is actually fixing things for some people.