Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost the same for me. The game will be running fine. The heat levels are fine- the lowest heat rating my parts have is for 60 degrees celsius, and I never break 55 degrees. Sometimes the game will take six hours or more to crash, and other times it takes a half an hour. But it always crashes. The screen just goes black, and I have to restart my entire rig. At least I'm not as unlucky as some people, who it seems have to restart every five minutes. Edited by Aegrus

OK so fresh news guys, the PC patch is coming out on the 28th of November. Sit tight.

To correct this, you can find where this comes from here.

It's an estimate time of release, but at least it's something.

Here's a solution I found that someone posted on the Bethesda forums, some claim it works:

Under clock your gpu to default clocks for the 6950.

Right click on the TESV exe and set compatibility as win vista service pack 2.

Run game as administrator and in windowed mode.

If you STILL happen to get the odd map crash here or there, then try using an fps limiter and set it to no higher than 60.

GOOD LUCK (worked for me =D)

EDIT: default clocks for the 6950 are 800mhz gpu and 1250mhz memory.

Sounds good and all but 1. I don't want to underclock my GPU and lose performance and 2. windowed mode sucks. Feel free to try it though.

voldoman, 1) I have tried the underclocking and damn near ruined my computer, 2) they have a borderless window mod so that windowed looks like fullscreen.

and finally 3)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE HAS BEEN MENTIONED AT LEAST ONCE EACH! READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

Edited by JaceTiger