Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Thanks for compiling those, here are my system specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2,4 GHz

Win 7 Pro x64

6GB RAM

2GB AMD Radeon 6970

I'm about 120 hours into the game and use a moderately modded version. I didn't get any crashes until a few hours ago and now it crashes (Full PC Power off) every time I use the map. Otherwise it is pretty stable.

Thanks for your contribution, but could you also add what drivers you are using for your card? Thanks again, any info is appreciated.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list of the first 10 pages and Page 75, will continue tomorrow, then categorise when I get the time. Thanks to everyone for trying to help us fix this issue.

This is everyone who has described their problem and posted specs for the first 10 pages and 75.

Edited by BarderothReturns

Just tried with 1.2 patch, played about an hour or a bit less all outside, it crashed to desktop with scrambled image and weird static images, the heat of video cards was only 45, still can't play the game but it does seem to do it more outside still. Runs very smooth just the crashes still the problem. I did have my PC reset from this game but since I upgraded my actual case it doesn't seem to do it now, heat was an issue before though now it shouldn't be.

Ran the game at 1920x1080 and 1680x1050, still did crash. My video card textures aren't on full and that didn't solve it either. Tried different sound settings, that didn't work, lower shadows, up to the company now, can't believe you have to go through all this for it, I'm wondering if it's worth it? Not to be impatient for solutions but this is a bit much now even after the latest the patch too.

Intel i3 3.07Ghz

Windows 7 64-bit

4GB ram runn'n at 1333

2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 CrossfireX 11.10

External Creative XFi 5.1

Edited by dark27

I am also experiencing forced shutdowns as well as if the CPU and/or GPUs are overheating.

Running Skyrim on max settings on a 1920x1200 monitor.

My computer can take 5 hour long torture GPU tests without overheating, so it has to be a problem with the game.

CPU does not exceed 60 degrees C, GPU's does not exceed 90 degrees C.

Core i7 970 @ 3.2Ghz

2x GTX 580 in SLI mode (Reference cards)

6GB Tri-channel RAM @ 1866Mhz

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Latest Nvidia drivers

Soundblaster X-fi Titanium

1200W PSU

Edited by Archet1337

LOL

i am sorry but i am even happier i refunded like 3 weeks ago. i knew this would happen.

WTF are you guys doing

REFUND

REFUND

REFUND

the damn game, all of you. maybe they will notice.

and buy the game in 3-5 months for 20 bux.

dealing with this BS is an absolute joke. you've now waited basically a month for this s***?

someone needs to go to Bethesda and slap their managers around a bit.