Turn off health regeneration?

Ylurien

I believe anything done via console stops Steam achievements yes, even changing the POV

Wrong, I changed my POV to 75 and my achievements registered. I also did player.placeatme f 1000 for golden rain... still registered achievemnents.

Edited by Omeletter

Has anyone else had trouble with setting healrate to 0 disabling food-based duration healing? It's stopped 'natural' regeneration, but having healrate at 0 seems to have also disabled duration based healing.

Had the same issue. I'm gonna try and change the regeneration value to 0.1 instead of 0.0. See if it still feels real and at the same time I can make good use of food.

Boy, the game is much harder with no health regen! Felt like a spoilt little brat.

Anyway, will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Just going to resurrect this thread because it doesn't appear that anyone has addressed how to turn off natural health regen but maintain duration-based healing provided from sources like food. Anyone have an idea how to accomplish this?

I don't understand how turning off health regen makes the game harder.

Isn't there a spell in game that every character (even pure warriors and thiefs) can learn at level 1, that basically turns mana (which regens way faster) into health?

I suppose it would make the game more realistic, but, unless you purposely refrain from using healing spells, it certainly won't make it any more of a challenge.

• 2 months later...

Paarthunax made me regenerate health! :o

I have always played with disabled health regeneration and it feels reasonable. I just had to ignore any potions, food and enchantments with fortify health regeneration, because adding X% to 0 is always 0.

My first 300 hours with master diffiiculty went fine and never felt over powerfull.

BUT NOW I HAVE A WEIRD LITTLE "PROBLEM". Afrer I had spoken first time to Paarthunax I just realized that my health starts to regenerate slowly. Even console commands doesn't stop regeneration anymore, I can only make it faster, but if I type for example player.modav -10 I still regenerate with the same speed as if player.modav -0.7

If I load the save just before Paarthunax, I don't regenerate, but when I speak the whole dialogue with him I start to regenerate like 0,5-1 pts/sec. Also it seems there's no matter what meditation I choose at the end of the dialogue, after I had chosen one of them, the regeneration started... WEIRD!

For some reason what I type Player.modav healrate -0.7 the command goes through but my character keeps healing. What gives?

Maybe I'm asking too late, but did you complete the Paarthunax quest?

ps.

Maybe I have plaed long enough to be rewarded with such a minor health regeneration perk at last, ;) but it's still weird, is't it?

Edited by Bretomage