deep sea adventure

ZainHallows

okay sorry everybody! just got back from thanks giving vacation! was fun, and im full! but onto topic! thanks for all the comments! I will adress them all below!

@Pyrothraxus MoonStar

Yah its all up for grabs really,but the main will be the sha'ka I will think about doing an orca/porpus race...tho what about the air breathing?

@IxionInc

Awesome ideas!

@Scorpidius

well, argonians are really cool! but thats not the aim of the mod, its really to add a new underwater world. open ocean, huge amount of content, 3 or 4 races. and a bunch of other stuff. (there will be one or two argonians tho :thumbsup: )

@Oomo

I really wish I had played morrowind! but maybe if you could do some research?

• 2 weeks later...

update!!!

hiya guys! just wanted to post some stuff!

first off heres a wip of the head model for the sha'ka!

http://d.facdn.net/art/darkdragonx/1323411350.darkdragonx_sharkie_wip01_512tris.jpg

after this we have the link to the modeing team signup fourm!

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485736-looking-for-mod-team-for-major-mod/#entry3971927

Hm, its possible. While people would say its not lore friendly, there are many ways to fit such things into lore. There is nothing in Elder Scrolls lore talking about deep sea stuff, so its possible. At least, that's what I think.

There's the Dreug, who despite being a primarily savage race, are still humanoid. Not only that, but there's the Sload, and their island kingdom of Thras; which disappeared underwater due to the All Flags Navy, but was brought back once more.

omg this would be awesome, if you make it when it's all set you can count with me for....spanish translations rofl!!!

anyways this is great, keep the good work! you'll make it possible!

you also have to think about humans, how would they go in there without drowning? they maybe need to complete a quest? Something like: "You need to find a way to not drown. go back to "backreach" and find something useful" some kind of item or magic? or blessing? ?? I know there is a enchant and magic spell ( I think) to make you breath underwater but a quest like that could be awesome for human races.

Argonians are lucky now lol!

Edited by domaik

omg this would be awesome, if you make it when it's all set you can count with me for....spanish translations rofl!!!

you also have to think about humans, how would they go in there without drowning? they maybe need to complete a quest? Something like: "You need to find a way to not drown. go back to "backreach" and find something useful" some kind of item or magic? or blessing? ?? I know there is a enchant and magic spell ( I think) to make you breath underwater but a quest like that could be awesome for human races.

A Dwemeri diving bell. They have water pumps.

Bam. There you go.

this has already been figured out! but will be keept secret :thumbsup: I dont wanna spoil anything!

• 4 weeks later...

I personally would like a mod such as this, but I would like it somewhat lore-friendly.

This for me means that there would need to be the Sload, and possibly Maormer (although they seem to stick to their islands).

For those of you who know nothing of the Sload, think Jabba the Hutt with corpse-like white skin and lamprey teeth (and undeath, necromancy is really big with the Sload). They are supposed to have huge underwater kingdoms, which would make Nirn a very scary place beneath the waves. I've dreamed about exploring a Sload nightmare-inducing city since I first heard about them. Sload also get bigger as they age.

Also I would like to see Sea Serpents (mentioned many times as being abundant in Nirn's Oceans).

Of coarse, these are only suggestions. I really like things I download for Elder Scrolls games to be moderately lore-friendly however.

As for shark races, there's nothing in the lore that says there aren't shark people, and the ocean is a very big place.

Edited by Ahisgewaya

Old underwater dwemer ruins with dungeon structures resembling bioshock's Rapture (not in decorations, but in design overall, creepiness, claustrophobic atmosphere) would be nice.

Also a reference to Chtulu, maybe a big quest involving meeting him in some sort of way would be cool eventho its not lore friendly, but i think its something that can be introduced without conflicting with the lore of Nirn

would anybody be willing to make a mod that makes it so, if you go out to far to sea, it will transport you to open ocean area.with underwater citys, huge amounts of sea life, new dominent races (shark and *insert other here*) maybe more? tons of dungons quests and all around fun.

what is needed:

underwater citys,

sea redux (so you can go out to sea if you go out too far)

more sea creatures (I mean a lot)

weresharks (shark men)

A TON of models/weapons

scripter/modeler/texturer will be needed....badly xD

I think this would be great. I've always wanted to use my waterbreathing enchantment or spell to it's utmost extent. Diving down too far, swimming too far. Whatever.

I mean......this would be really FREAKY if done the right way...just like that posted image...but...I can totally imagine Dwemer ruins being submerged in the ocean and using the Candlelight spell to find them. Then finding some crazy race of strange amphibians living within the ruins, presiding over slave Falmer. Something like a Siren combined She Creature (the movie). I like the idea. I think it's lore applicable since what lore doesn't speak about is just what isn't known to the current world. Lore is knowledge. It's pretty explainable why no living person has made it back from these oceanic ruins of whatever type alive to me.