⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Creation Kit and Modder's forums

Dark0ne

why do'nt beth just hire youguys to run thier modding center and forums, you at least know what you are doing and instill confidance into the comunity.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, this is literally my first time making a mod, and it's a companion mod... I know I have to write a script, but I have no idea what a proper script looks like. Once I have that, I can use it as a reference tool to use as a model for making my companion script... Anyone want to post what a companion script looks like with the companion wheel included?

How will the Nexus manage mods for Skyrim and Skyrim: Special Edition? Will we have modders provide two versions if they wish (or just let the Special Edition port it to 64-bit itself), or will the Nexus have a new section for the Special Edition?

I've modded various games but can get nowhere fast in the CK due to not knowing where the various resources lie within the menu structure. Will someone please WRITE a tutorial? I know there are dozens of YouTube videos but if you have hearing difficulties like I do they are virtually worthless, and secondly for the lucky folks with good hearing, it is very difficult to do any kind of search other than scrubbing through frames. And Nexus, thank you for breaking this out-- it will make finding stuff much simpler.

In response to post #39665590. #39665740, #39665835, #39665905, #39673125, #39673695 are all replies on the same post.

GBNeto wrote: can someone tell me if the creaton kit is already available? cause there are a lot of mod pages that haven´t been updated and still say that they are waiting for the creation kit. not only that but i have never seen a mod with a hotkey before and with the creation kit that should already be possible right? can someone explain the situation as it is because im very confused and everywere i look there is conflicting information. thanks!
masternetra wrote: Yes, it's been available for a while.
MTNFREAKINGDEW69 wrote: The CK came out back in like, April. You can download it from the bethesda net launcher, you also need to own Fallout 4 on Steam. Any mod pages that say they "Don't have the CK yet" just means that they haven't updated their mod in a long time. Or they just haven't switched to the CK yet.
LethalThreat wrote: .... Yes the Creation Kit has been available for Fallout 4 for like, a good few months now? If you're looking to download it you have to download the Bethesda.net launcher first and then you can download the Creation Kit within the launcher.

EDIT: Oops posted at the same time as the one above.
Jinxxed0 wrote: what sucks is that the creation kit for Fo4 is locked behind a useless program that you have to download, bethesda's launcher. so you can no longer keep track of how many hours you use it like with steam
kevindad1 wrote: Why would someone want to keep track of how long they use the CK? Seems like a weird complaint to me. (No offense)

to see how long they have wasted their time screwing up and to then learn from their mistakes

practice makes perfect

In response to post #39665590. #39665740, #39665835, #39665905, #39673125, #39673695, #39679360 are all replies on the same post.

GBNeto wrote: can someone tell me if the creaton kit is already available? cause there are a lot of mod pages that haven´t been updated and still say that they are waiting for the creation kit. not only that but i have never seen a mod with a hotkey before and with the creation kit that should already be possible right? can someone explain the situation as it is because im very confused and everywere i look there is conflicting information. thanks!
MTNFREAKINGDEW69 wrote: The CK came out back in like, April. You can download it from the bethesda net launcher, you also need to own Fallout 4 on Steam. Any mod pages that say they "Don't have the CK yet" just means that they haven't updated their mod in a long time. Or they just haven't switched to the CK yet.
LethalThreat wrote: .... Yes the Creation Kit has been available for Fallout 4 for like, a good few months now? If you're looking to download it you have to download the Bethesda.net launcher first and then you can download the Creation Kit within the launcher.

Jinxxed0 wrote: what sucks is that the creation kit for Fo4 is locked behind a useless program that you have to download, bethesda's launcher. so you can no longer keep track of how many hours you use it like with steam
kevindad1 wrote: Why would someone want to keep track of how long they use the CK? Seems like a weird complaint to me. (No offense)
trinityfang wrote: to see how long they have wasted their time screwing up and to then learn from their mistakes

practice makes perfect

becuase my steam numbers are cooler than yours. no really. something like 3500 hours in skyrim ck for me. bow before me. i think i've spent more time in it than anyone at bethesda has >_> Edited by darkconsole

In response to post #39665590. #39665740, #39665835, #39665905, #39673125, #39673695, #39679360, #39680290 are all replies on the same post.

trinityfang wrote: to see how long they have wasted their time screwing up and to then learn from their mistakes

practice makes perfect
darkconsole wrote: becuase my steam numbers are cooler than yours. no really. something like 3500 hours in skyrim ck for me. bow before me. i think i've spent more time in it than anyone at bethesda has >_>

Lol. Edited by kevindad1