The next Fallout will be Double Plus Good.

Deleted4363562User

Beth has lost ALL INTEREST in this IP- so I'd consider it dead. The ONLY way it could be resurrected is for Beth to hand it off to an out-of-house third-party dev (as they did with NV), but internal petty politics makes this incredibly unlikely in the short-term. Certain 'famous' faces at Beth woukd have to leave before this would happen.

However, Beth is investing in record amounts of advanced new IP, so Fallout fans' loss is to the gain of other gamers.

As for Beth's open world games, well apart from the remaster of Fallout 3 (remember, the coming special-ed of Skyrim is NOT a remaster but the SAME vanilla assets on the FO4 version of the engine), future efforts in this direction are based on the new iDTech engine. How long it will take to bash this engine into 'release' quality (given that one of its main purposes is to allow curated mods on Beth.net ONLY- no more Nexus option) is unknown. But given this engine is to be the base for all major Beth releases, open world or not, assume VERY rapid progress.

Edited by zanity

Bad or good, new or a retread, if it's Skyrim, son of Skyrim, TES XXI, or Fallout New Puerto Rico, I'll buy it, and also wait for the wonderful modders out there to make whatever it is even better. Cheap entertainment. Go Beth, go modders!

Beth has lost ALL INTEREST in this IP- so I'd consider it dead. The ONLY way it could be resurrected is for Beth to hand it off to an out-of-house third-party dev (as they did with NV), but internal petty politics makes this incredibly unlikely in the short-term. Certain 'famous' faces at Beth woukd have to leave before this would happen.

However, Beth is investing in record amounts of advanced new IP, so Fallout fans' loss is to the gain of other gamers.

As for Beth's open world games, well apart from the remaster of Fallout 3 (remember, the coming special-ed of Skyrim is NOT a remaster but the SAME vanilla assets on the FO4 version of the engine), future efforts in this direction are based on the new iDTech engine. How long it will take to bash this engine into 'release' quality (given that one of its main purposes is to allow curated mods on Beth.net ONLY- no more Nexus option) is unknown. But given this engine is to be the base for all major Beth releases, open world or not, assume VERY rapid progress.

You keep saying this in almost every post. It seems you're quite convinced of your own speculation. As for the rest of us.... I think we're going to need some proof of this direction you keep speaking of. If not , then you're just like the person on the street corner holding a big sign saying "the end is near."

Maybe, I'm not going to preorder & slap money down for another expansion pass though thats for sure.

Then again if you pay attention to real world economics anything releasing after the latter half of the 2020s may not happen at all.

I'm glad I don't have Zanity's outlook, it must ruin his/her enjoyment of gaming. Maybe we can look beyond VR at thought control? Save us the effort of having to swipe the screen. Mind you, it would require concentration, so maybe not.