We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

What is everyone working on?

mcniff12345

I'm thinking right now about Vertibirds, namely. I want to make a mod where the player gets to decide where the Vertibird goes without opening their pipboy and clicking on a map marker.

Here's the short version:

I want to let the player actually have a say in where the vertibird goes, not by map markers but just by essentially pointing somewhere and hitting a button.

Problems to overcome:

1: I need to find out how Vertibird path finding works (how Vertibirds figure out where to go and how to tell them where to go, like how clicking a map marker while riding in one does).

1.5: I need to find a way to not only get the Vertibird to go where I point, but also to NOT LAND when it gets there.

2: I need to find a way to stick a script on a weapon that triggers when the player zooms in/looks down the gun's sights.

Here's the long version:

The thing that I have in mind is a mod that's supposed to let the character actually control where the vertibird goes other than just by clicking on a map icon. The idea I had was that when you zoom in with the minigun it places an X marker on the ground or at least in the general direction of where the player is looking at a certain distance away. The Vertibird is then supposed to fly to that marker and circle around it (in short, I want it to stay in the air and NOT LAND). The issue is that I have absolutely no idea how Vertibird path finding works, and I have no idea how to place a script on a weapon in Fallout 4 (or even if a weapon can have a script that activates when the player is looking through the weapon's sights).

Edited by ZeroCore

Working on my exploration mod cells, still. But at this time I am getting bogged down with optimization issues.

I have a question about caustics - are these known to be resource-hogs? Can a cell have too many caustics? I added a few more to my current cell and my graphics driver crashed within minutes of loading it up to test how it looked. So I reckon my cell is too detailed now and too resource-intensive. But how does one tell?

EDIT - that other thread is here by the way.

Edited by RaffTheSweetling

I can't show much for ARES yet because I don't have the clothing imported yet but the bodies are in game and working. I'm having a lot of problems with BGSM files though or more specifically the shader flags in the nif.

http://i.imgur.com/km3Ntlu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lubbkcI.jpg

Hi, i have been working on a mod(mainly for myself) wich has all the great ideas(you guys have thought/made) packed in one, so no conflicting mods or limits or depencies wich i dont need.

So.. Cleaned every internal cell of trash/debris/mists/clutter, fixed walls/ceilings/floors. Some places had to rebuild half of that place to make it work and look better.

Cleaned every settlement of trash/debris/clutter. Shaped landscape to be easier to build. Made so settlements bit bigger to be able to build BIG. Fixed houses(where i could), added some walls for some smaller settlements.

Made lock picking and hacking simpler, using terminals much faster. Jetpack don't use ap and is more steady flying, also removed thtat stupid smoke cloud it makes, wich sometimes just stays on and blocks view. PA impact landing doesn't aggro friends(needs more testing tho). Powelines are longer and wireless radius is much longer. Added Switchbox generator, second waterpurifier makes 40 water and can be build anywhere.

Changed many floor/ground pieces to be able to build on.

Also trying to make new snapping points/add them to more items, but haven't figured that out yet. Only one tutorial that explains what those variables are but none to explain how to make new(without copying from some other item, did't get that to work either... Yet).

Also adding lots of stuff to workshop(with sk support)

And many other things that i can't remember right now.

Anyway i really want to thank all those modders wich i borrowed ideas from. Anyway been working towards this for over a month, mainly learning CK as i go.

A long lost and promised continuation of my punk jacket project for Fallout New Vegas, now for Fallout 4
http://i.imgur.com/rRcpXLW.png

(Shameless promotion, but if anyone is NifSkope mesh editing savvy and can make stuff work ingame, please, do contact me, because I would need to mix and match jackets/pants/boots and possibly have some bits like studs/spikes/badges/handcuffs/chains added on these)