These animations still?

whitescar911

In comparison to some other games, the animations and graphics in general aren't the best. They're still an improvement over Oblivion's, and it's not something I particularly care much about, but it's an issue for some.

My main issue with the game right now is that the combat hasn't exactly changed that much from Oblivion. The engines are still heavily based off the old ones, no matter how much Bethesda wants to scream to us that they're "new". Their roots are too dug deep into the days of yesteryear with this crap.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In comparison to some other games, the animations and graphics in general aren't the best. They're still an improvement over Oblivion's, and it's not something I particularly care much about, but it's an issue for some.

My main issue with the game right now is that the combat hasn't exactly changed that much from Oblivion. The engines are still heavily based off the old ones, no matter how much Bethesda wants to scream to us that they're "new". Their roots are too dug deep into the days of yesteryear with this crap.

i dont know what aspect of combat u mean remains untouched,but the the new fighting system is quite different from oblivion in a lot of ways to me, and i have to put lots of time to master combat moves like avoiding damage while increasing the damage output.still it's quite challenging for now. btw i wield two-handed weapon.

I just do not understand why so many people are whining and griping! Skyrim is only FOUR days old and everyone is complaining about Horse animations, no first person horse riding, no horse combat, the jumping animations are bad, the textures look like crap, there are texture bugs, the walking animations are terrible, the towns aren't that great, the females don't look like hot anime chicks, no instead they look like hardened women in one of the most harshest areas in Tamriel, NPC's have blocky looking faces; I mean really people? Really? Please just enjoy it and not look at every little thing that you think is a "flaw". There is a reason that this game is moddable.

Rant ended.

-Elsarian

i dont know what aspect of combat u mean remains untouched,but the the new fighting system is quite different from oblivion in a lot of ways to me, and i have to put lots of time to master combat moves like avoiding damage while increasing the damage output.still it's quite challenging for now. btw i wield two-handed weapon.

Besides how spells were changed and the fact I can now bash people when blocking, what exactly has changed so significantly?

Combat in The Elder Scrolls game hasn't changed that much since the third game in the series. It's still a game in which the best tactic is generally to block your way out of any damage and then smack the living crap out of enemies when you get the chance. Mages? Pfft, there's a perk that blocks half their pitiful damage, and more that gives me straight magic resistance.

What I particularly want is a way to avoid damage entirely through dodging, parrying and spells. Defensive spells are a start but tend to mitigate damage in much the same way a shield does, not avoid it (unless you're fighting a considerably weaker enemy). The downside to being able to avoid all this damage would be that you'd have to actually actively dodge an attack.

I can dodge a fireball from 50 feet (makes sense - just side-step) but I can't dodge a sword, no matter how limber my stealth assassin is supposed to be. And can someone tell me how I can't parry when dual-wielding one-handed weapons? Has Bethesda never heard of a main-gauche?

Please just enjoy it and not look at every little thing that you think is a "flaw". There is a reason that this game is moddable.

Whilst I do enjoy the game, your argument is the one reason I feel that developers who include modding support are becoming complacent. The top two contenders to this throne are, of course, BioWare and Bethesda.

Adding mod support and modding tools to your game does not excuse the fact that your game has flaws. It does not let you skimp on QA testing, on proper development and on removing features because you think that the modding community will just add those in later.

The modding community is a damn good way to get rid of kinks in the armour, remove unwanted features or fix features that work horribly, but it shouldn't be used by developers as a reason for them to be complacent. Their job is to not just make a video game but to make a working product, and many games these days are barely working upon release.

Edited by MrTastix

I just do not understand why so many people are whining and griping! Skyrim is only FOUR days old and everyone is complaining about Horse animations, no first person horse riding, no horse combat, the jumping animations are bad, the textures look like crap, there are texture bugs, the walking animations are terrible, the towns aren't that great, the females don't look like hot anime chicks, no instead they look like hardened women in one of the most harshest areas in Tamriel, NPC's have blocky looking faces; I mean really people? Really? Please just enjoy it and not look at every little thing that you think is a "flaw". There is a reason that this game is moddable.

Rant ended.

-Elsarian

True that. that one reason i only buy this game for pc not for console lol

Rant ended.

-Elsarian

my guess is they all have the hope of an exclusive skyrim of their own,if The skryim is not fit in their should-bes ,then they will probably act that way. it's all about over-anticipation and the reality.

Rant ended.

-Elsarian

No wonder Bethesda became lazy...after reading something like this, why would they even bother to make some ui and fix things..."look they are happy even with this!"

This is not about being happy and all but about quality...the game is fun certainly but if im buying a PC game i expect to have it some pc game standards like the ui for example.

You say people are whining about everything..surely some things are overreactions but this is also bethesdas fault for hyping the game to heavens, so im not surprised some people are pissed.

They havent done any QA testing on this...and just becouse you are happy with it dossent mean we all have to be...if we dont point the flaws and lazyness of bethesda they wont bother to do anything properly...and if this means we are whining, then let it be so...but please realize you are whining about others whining...same deal.

my guess is they all have the hope of an exclusive skyrim of their own,if The skryim is not fit in their should-bes ,then they will probably act that way. it's all about over-anticipation and the reality.

That depends on the request.

I wouldn't have thought that asking for more than what we had 5 years ago wasn't that much to ask for. Most other new titles can provide something so basic.

Note I'm not talking about animations, since the only animations that truly bother me is the excessive clipping on killing attacks. How do I stab with a mace, exactly?