Kind of Sad - a Thank You can go a long ways.

jjb54

I did not have Popcorn nearby but I enjoyed my time reading this thread none the less.

I think this makes would make more sense:

User receive Mod by downloading (like a present) > Says "Thank you" by sending money. End of the story.

What to expect in the next step (If this applies to your logic) from the Mod Author should be "You are welcome." not "Thank you." if you follow me.

One cannot expect receive a "Thank you" in return of a "Thank you".

Maybe the picture I do not see is that the OP separate the meaning of the money from the "Thank you" it bears naturally.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn on this subject. When I donate, it is a "thank you" from me to the mod author. Although I expect a thank you from them, I also view their thank you as the old "thank you for thanking me". But whoever said it was a "generational" thing is absolutely right. The millennials are for the most part a very "entitled" generation and not saying thank you seems to be a part of that entitlement mentality.

I'm torn on this subject. When I donate, it is a "thank you" from me to the mod author. Although I expect a thank you from them, I also view their thank you as the old "thank you for thanking me". But whoever said it was a "generational" thing is absolutely right. The millennials are for the most part a very "entitled" generation and not saying thank you seems to be a part of that entitlement mentality.

but who raised those special snowflakes?

My view on it is that I don't want to give anything back for donating to me other than the work I did itself.

That goes even as far as replying to everyone's mail or Nexus account with a "thank you".

Maybe it's a personal thing, but money has always been something you quietly accept for me.

You should donate to someone if you like him/his work and/or want to help him out, not because you want him to thank you.

The mod is the gift to the user.

The donation is the gift to the author.

I strongly appreciate every thanks and donation, but I won't be replying back to it. :smile:

So the guy feeling entitled to a thank you for a thank you does not have a entitlement mentality? O.o

Seems the biggest entitlement f-wit is the one who said thanks and expects one in return then goes off on a rant against all mod authors about it because he was not recognized.

Also FFS YOU TWATS, Calling the f'ing people who spend hundreds and thousands of hours and years of their life making you little cunts s#*! 'entitled' ....

Seriously.. you piles of s#*!.

Everyone in this thread seems to love their hasty generalizations. /s Edited by Reneer

Also FFS YOU TWATS, Calling the f'ing people who spend hundreds and thousands of hours and years of their life making you little cunts s*** 'entitled' ....

Seriously.. you piles of s***.

Quoted for truth. Sorry but there it is.

Maybe it's a personal thing, but money has always been something you quietly accept for me.

That is the classy way to do it. To not make a big deal out of it and embarrass either yourself or the donator. Not every donator would be comfortable with being contacted back, that is a fact.

I strongly appreciate every thanks and donation, but I won't be replying back to it. :smile:

This is my take on it too.

I really, really have to agree with the posters above me. All this talk about politeness and yet this is literally one of the most impolite things I've seen on these forums. If your donation isn't something freely given then why give a donation to begin with? I don't donate to charity expecting them to print my name in big, bold letters on every billboard across the country or waste the money I just gave them having somebody paid to write me a thank you card. I do it because I want to support what they do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No strings, no attachments.

A donation.

Why are you donating if you expect something? You already got something: the mod you're donating to.