[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

OK I'm stumped. For some reason the marker models in the Creation kit are not loading. I believe they are what is needed to see in what way an npc, for instance, sits on a chair and then how they get out again. Same thing with the beds - before you would see in what direction an npc would enter the bed (aka from the left, right... yada yada)

With the beds, you can see the blue npc marker laying on the bed, but no symbols or marker to show from what angle the npc would enter it.

What could be causing this?

I tried hitting the M key and all that would do is remove the blue npc marker and then bring it back again.

It just occurred to me that there are no "marker entry points" on any of the default furnitures in the Creation Kit.

Anyone be able to help???

Anyone here know I can change the skincolor of an NPC follower I downloaded? I tried a tutorial that said, change gen parts > face tint color, then CTRL+F4. But when I do that the face becomes an ugly nothing. Do I have to export? Thanks for any info. On this topic the google is not helping.

Is there a more recent tutorial on making and importing custom models into the game? Anything in the last 2-3 years? Something that includes functional collision?

This is one of the big problems. Information is scarce, all over the place and often out of date. Would be cool to start a wiki perhaps on this topic.

I made a Circle of Protection looking spell but that damages things inside the circle, however it damages the player too, is there any way to prevent the caster (and maybe allies) from being affected by the spell?

To prevent the player from taking damage:

Enter a condition within the magic effect you're using.

Target,IsActor, PlayerRef, !=, 1

To prevent followers from taking damage:

Enter a second condition in the same place.

Target, GetInFaction, CurrentFollowerFaction, !=, 1

Not sure if this protects creatures you summoned though... You might need to add a third condition for that.

Edited by candlepin

I have a quick and hopefully simple question about modifying formlists via script. I would like to add some if my custom forms to vanilla formlists via script for compatibility reasons. I have a fair number of items that I'd like to add and I'd like to add them to multiple existing formlists.

My question; if I put my items into a new formlist is there a simple way I can just append vanilla formlists with my custom formlist by script?

I have a quick and hopefully simple question about modifying formlists via script. I would like to add some if my custom forms to vanilla formlists via script for compatibility reasons. I have a fair number of items that I'd like to add and I'd like to add them to multiple existing formlists.

My question; if I put my items into a new formlist is there a simple way I can just append vanilla formlists with my custom formlist by script?

You can add a formlist as a single entry onto another formlist. You can run through your custom formlist and add each individual item to the stock formlist. Either way works, but behavior in game may be different depending upon how the stock formlist is used.

AddForm is the function that you'd need.

You can add a formlist as a single entry onto another formlist. Â You can run through your custom formlist and add each individual item to the stock formlist. Â Either way works, but behavior in game may be different depending upon how the stock formlist is used.

Â

AddForm is the function that you'd need.

I was hoping to be able to just add the custom formlist to the vanilla one, but you pointed out something I wasn't considering - formlist behavior.

I want to add new ingredients to the common, uncommon, and rare ingredients lists. I'd like to have the new ingredients treated the same as vanilla ones, so I should go through my custom formlist and add items one at a time to the vanilla formlist, correct?