[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

AddItem is the function to use. Tho you may want to test adding directly and seeing how Wrye Bash and/or xEdit handle with merging the container inventory. I seem to recall one of the two merged merchant container inventories for me. I think it might have been 3.07+ of WB

AddItem only changes the current inventory so when the container resets the items won't reappear.

If you really want compatibility you want to create new merchant chests and factions and then add various NPCs to those factions. But in many cases that's overkill and simply editing the appropriate leveled lists is the best way to add items for general use.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

first of all im very new to Creation Kit.
if you have suggestions im very open to learning so.. please help me out
please dont make it very complicated as much as possible

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

how you make an NPC that Continue to sing even when you get out...
and plays random music without stopping...
plays only set of music depends on the season.

the purpose is to make a music house ... a random music will be played every specific hour
It doesn't have to be the NPC singing..
maybe we can make a material the "emits" music and i can just place an NPC near it so it will appear that its that NPC singing

1. Is there any way to check if a skill is legendary in the creation kit?

2. Is there any way to automatically give the player a certain perk if a condition is met? (rather than just making the perk available if that condition is met)

My aim is to add a new perk (that I created, I have no trouble creating a new perk, just applying it) to the player when they make a skill ledendary. I have considered a concept where a hidden perk that does nothing is auto-added to the player when a skill reaches level 100, then a second non-hidden perk (the actual function bearing perk) is auto-added if the player's skill is exactly equal to 15 AND they possess the first, hidden perk. This would indicate that a skill was previously lv 100 and was then reset back to 15 (effectively indicating that the skill was made legendary). I suppose then that I only need an answer to my second question about auto-adding a perk, but an answer to my first question would be nice too.

btw, I am using SE. Not sure that matters though, unless the solution I'm looking for requires SKSE.

Edited by HyperManFZ

GetSkillLegendaryLevel -- this is a script function rather than a condition function. You'll have to check the player's skill every so often. I'd suggest using the Story Manager Skill Increase event node to trigger a small quest which check's the player's legendary status. If it is where you want it, apply your perk.

GetSkillLegendaryLevel -- this is a script function rather than a condition function. You'll have to check the player's skill every so often. I'd suggest using the Story Manager Skill Increase event node to trigger a small quest which check's the player's legendary status. If it is where you want it, apply your perk.

GetSkillLegendaryLevel requires SKSE.

Without SKSE I would still recommend a small quest started from the story manager with a script which can track the skill level and detect it dropping from 100 back to 15 and then apply the perk.

Thanks IsharaMeradin and cdcooley. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do something like that, but it's good to know that the function I want is not available so I don't waste anymore time trying to find such a function. I'll probably end up doing exactly as you suggested.

Don't know if this might be too big of a problem for a quick answer but I felt like it could be a really simple problem. I'm currently working on a throwing axe that works similar to Marvel's Mjolnir. So far, everything works fine.

Scriptname ThrowWaraxeScript extends ReferenceAlias

WEAPON Property EbonyWarAxe Auto

SPELL Property ThrowSpellMain Auto

SPELL Property ThrowSpell Auto

ObjectReference Property Chest Auto

Event OnSpellCast(Form akSpell)

If akSpell == ThrowSpellMain

if (Game.GetPlayer().GetItemCount(EbonyWarAxe) == 0)

Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(EbonyWarAxe, 1, true)

;playsound

Utility.Wait(0.5)

Game.GetPlayer().EquipItem(EbonyWarAxe, False, true)

elseif (Game.GetPlayer().GetItemCount(EbonyWarAxe) >= 1)

if (Game.GetPlayer().IsEquipped(EbonyWarAxe)) ;under this circumstance, condition should allow you to use spell

ThrowSpell.Cast(Game.GetPlayer())

Game.GetPlayer().UnEquipItem(EbonyWarAxe, False, true)

Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem(EbonyWarAxe, 1, true, Chest)

else

Debug.Notification("You need to equip the axe in order to use it.")

endIf

endif

endif

EndEvent

Only problem is that I want the convenience of being able to enchant and upgrade it. I have tried changing the weapon's property to ObjectReference instead of WEAPON, and it successfully adds that weapon to my inventory but it won't equip it. It recognizes when it's in the inventory because the notification goes off, just not the equipping part.

Edited by Echibald