[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

So, now I have 15 house mods up and running and in good condition (cleaned and navmeshed). But people are asking for and I have wondered about how to put them all in one mod or at least on one webpage.

I have them linked on my description pages but I don't know what would be the best way to go about doing this. Also. I have not seen any documentation about how to set up a web page with multiple mods. I was thinking of possibly

doing a FOMOD, but I no nothing about how to do this. I have a FOMOD creation tool but it still looks complicated for me. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by blessingwindwalker

This posting (Quick Questions, Quick Answers) in my opinion is ridiculous ...

It's hard enough to see if anyone else has had the same problem you are having the normal way questions are posted.

When they are buried 20 pages deep there is no hope of finding them. The name implies a "quick answer", I myself love to help if I can

and will answer your questions if I see them. But, I'm not going to go digging through 20 pages of chit chat looking for a question.

Also reading the a title tells me in a moment if I'm even able to help. Posts like this defeat the purpose of having forum sections and titles.

It's hard enough to see if anyone else has had the same problem you are having the normal way questions are posted.

When they are buried 20 pages deep there is no hope of finding them. The name implies a "quick answer", I myself love to help if I can

and will answer your questions if I see them. But, I'm not going to go digging through 20 pages of chit chat looking for a question.

Also reading the a title tells me in a moment if I'm even able to help. Posts like this defeat the purpose of having forum sections and titles.

It's my understanding that this forum is answered by it's originator, although others may do so. I have been helped three times very quickly, (within a few hours ) so

I see it as valuable for a quick answer to my simple problems. It's also easy to keep track of one forum site rather than scrolling through hundreds to find a topic that

relates to your delimna.

That wasn't a quick question. But the quick answer is that this thread and the one that inspired it from the official Bethesda forums have actually worked very well for years now. Many people are too timid to create a new thread for small questions and instead tack those questions onto existing threads. Having one thread specifically for those situations actually keeps everything much tidier than they would be without it. (And if you really want to see if your question was already asked you need to use search instead of relying on the topic titles anyway.)

I guess you have a point, not that I totally agree ...

However, you may have noticed I've answered almost every question in this section. (if I knew how to help)

I've never even looked in this post to answer anyone's questions. If the threads originator is constantly reviewing the thread

that pretty cool of him/her. But, again (in my opinion) "Posts like this defeat the purpose of having forum sections and titles."

When I look at a post for an answer I scroll right to the bottom for the solution. There is no need to read through all the guessing until the problem was solved.

With this method other questions get mixed together resulting in you having to read page by page looking for your answer. There is a reason forums like this have

sections and titles and it's to avoid just that. Also you can add tags to the title that improve the search for the answer. Anyone can debate any point that doesn't

always mean their logic is sound. Forums are always hard to read. Sections, titles and tags are tools to make that easier ...

So, now I have 15 house mods up and running and in good condition (cleaned and navmeshed). But people are asking for and I have wondered about how to put them all in one mod or at least on one webpage.

I have them linked on my description pages but I don't know what would be the best way to go about doing this. Also. I have not seen any documentation about how to set up a web page with multiple mods. I was thinking of possibly

doing a FOMOD, but I no nothing about how to do this. I have a FOMOD creation tool but it still looks complicated for me. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Quickest and easiest solution for you:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop

2. Manually download your latest versions of all 15 house mods and put the 7z/zip/rar file in the folder from step 1

3. Create a TXT file and write up instructions explaining what each included archive contains and possibly how to install using the add from file function on NMM / Mod Organzier

4. Package the whole thing up in a new 7z/zip/rar file

5. Make it available as a manually download only new release with links in the description to each of the included house mods.

From there its up to you, but I'd tell users to use the original mod comment pages for issues specific to the respective houses and the comment page on the bundle for any issues with regards to installing.

Once that is up, you can (if you so choose) learn FOMOD XML and create a FOMOD installer which could be downloaded via manager button.

Downside to this is that if you should make an update to one of the individual houses, you have to update your bundle as well.

@NexusComa

The idea of this thread and the original in the mod talk section (I think is where it is) were for QUICK questions that had QUICK answers. Granted a question might be quick and the answer not so quick (people in the know are not on 24/7 ). But it still serves a purpose. It helps to keep new threads full of simple questions from pushing more complicated questions further through the pages and out of sight of those who may actually be able to help. That said, if you wish to participate by offering answers or asking your own questions, feel free. If not, that is cool too. Just remember this is not a section intended for debate but rather for the sharing of information.

@IsharaMeradin

I stated my opinion (and proved my point) and was done with it. I used to run a programming forum long ago and always disliked these kinds of run on threads with mutable subjects.

Never would have even looked at this thread again if I hadn't see your name on last comment (yes, I follow you around due to how good you seem to be at this stuff).

In fact I never would have had to defend my opinion at all if I was allowed to have one ... didn't realize this was a popularity contest. Have a great day, no disrespect intended.

I want to make my npc carry a flower basket. She should pick it up at an xmarker and drop it down at another xmarker. I use the CarryActorManualScript and set all up like I've noticed it by actor Ysolda. Diffrence only with the package - her's a patrol package, mine the carry and drop item package. But the animation is not playing, the basket not visible. I've linked the xmarkers to her and package starts correctly. Can somebody help me with that? I really appreciate it.

Maybe you could give me a hand with an Issue I'm having. Nothing game breaking, just annoying.

I've been trying to make a custom NPC. I went ahead and started to customize how my NPC looked in the CK up until I learned about the SPF command. I was able to load the face in the CK and it looks fine in there, but when I load the mod in game, his face appears to be the default face. I have no idea what's wrong.