[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

hmm, I think it's the follower who gets into the favor state, and there's no similar "isAskingForFavor"

Only place I can think to look now is if there's maybe an actor value controlling it? Gonna search through it and hope for the best

Edit: Well there's a "FavorActive" actor value listed under unused/obsolete, but I tried it anyway without luck

Edited by Mornedil

Hello!

I'm making a house mod to Skyrim, which, at its core, is a very simple process.

The problem I have is with scripting as I'm making a sauna and I have already set up a triggerbox there. What I want to do is the following:

Upon entering, any actor will unequip everything they are equipping (basically go naked into the sauna).

However I don't know how to get NPCs take off their clothing. Here's what I have now:

Scriptname zzzSaunaunequip extends ObjectReference
{Autounequip upon entering the sauna}
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
Event OnTriggerEnter (ObjectReference akActionRef) ;is triggered upon entering the triggerbox
akActionRef().UnequipAll() ;this is the line I have a problem with. It's supposed to be the one to have actors unequip all
EndEvent
So
Is there any simple way that I could use to refer to anyone triggering the script or must I make an 'if-elseif' script? Even then, how do I refer to an NPC and use the UnequipAll function?
Thanks
AhtiVou

How do I edit "Hellos"?

You know when you walk up to somebody and they just say stuff. I want a specific prisoner NPC to stop being so cheerful when I talk to him. I've changed his mood already and the "Hellos" tag in his AI Package.

I don't know where else to look.

Hello!

I'm making a house mod to Skyrim, which, at its core, is a very simple process.

The problem I have is with scripting as I'm making a sauna and I have already set up a triggerbox there. What I want to do is the following:

Upon entering, any actor will unequip everything they are equipping (basically go naked into the sauna).

However I don't know how to get NPCs take off their clothing. Here's what I have now:

Scriptname zzzSaunaunequip extends ObjectReference
{Autounequip upon entering the sauna}
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
Event OnTriggerEnter (ObjectReference akActionRef) ;is triggered upon entering the triggerbox
akActionRef().UnequipAll() ;this is the line I have a problem with. It's supposed to be the one to have actors unequip all
EndEvent
So
Is there any simple way that I could use to refer to anyone triggering the script or must I make an 'if-elseif' script? Even then, how do I refer to an NPC and use the UnequipAll function?
Thanks
AhtiVou

Remove the parentheses after akActionRef and cast it to an actor. The line should look like this:

(akActionRef as actor).UnequipAll()

This will make any NPC who enters the area remove their clothing.

How do I edit "Hellos"?

You know when you walk up to somebody and they just say stuff. I want a specific prisoner NPC to stop being so cheerful when I talk to him. I've changed his mood already and the "Hellos" tag in his AI Package.

I don't know where else to look.

Dialogue is all stored in quests. If you want to edit an existing Hello, you'll have to figure out which quest owns the line. If you want to create your own, create a new quest and go to the Misc tab, then create a new topic. You should get a list of options. Select Hello.

Other factors determine whether your Hello actually gets used in game. For testing purposes you may want to give your quest and dialogue a priority of 100 (most important), which you may consider lowering later depending on what you are trying to do.

Remove the parentheses after akActionRef and cast it to an actor. The line should look like this:

(akActionRef as actor).UnequipAll()

This will make any NPC who enters the area remove their clothing.

Thank you very much for the quick answer :)

How do I concatenate a float into a string and only displaying 2 decimal points?

For example:

float pi = 3.14
Debug.Notification("Pi is equal to " + pi)

And then rather than the string outputting "Pi is equal to 3.1400000" it would only be "Pi is equal to 3.14"