[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

@Urtho - Thanks for the clarification -- so alter navmesh only as a last result. I used big spherical navcut collisions to deal with mesh that I added to the worldspace--it seems to be working fabulously.

@IsharaMeradin - Thanks a lot-I knew there was an operator for this but couldn't find it via a search.

Hi guys, I have made a spell that silences enemies and have gotten help from Darkfox127 with the scripting. The script works like I want it to but there is one thing that I want to add to it, and that is a notification that shows up when the player tries casting the spell while it's on cooldown.

Here is the script that Darkfox127 made:

http://pastebin.com/bdQLDp4w

Here's the link to my mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78375/?

So here's how the mod works right now:

When the player casts the spell on an enemy the enemy gets silenced and cannot cast spells. At the same time you cast the spell the spell goes on cooldown for 120 seconds. During the cooldown you can't cast the spell again, but you can still try and cast it and when you do you get the vanilla message saying "You don't have enough magicka to cast the spell".

I want to have a notification show up when the player tries to cast the spell when it's on cooldown that says "Arcane Disruption is on cooldown." Or "Arcane Disruption is on cooldown for "X" seconds."

Can anyone here maybe add this to the script that Darkfox127 made for me?

Thanks!

@Urtho - Thanks for the clarification -- so alter navmesh only as a last result. I used big spherical navcut collisions to deal with mesh that I added to the worldspace--it seems to be working fabulously.

Be careful around Navmesh marked as "preferred path" (e.g. roads).

In my experience NPCs get stuck/behave strangely If your navcut boxes are placed on top or overlap "preferred path"-Navmesh. Especially if the Navmesh is made of big triangles...

@azraelb: Will do--thanks.

Question: anyone have difficulty with the defaultonread script that does a setstage ? I was having a hell of a time making a scene work when I realized that the defaultonread (of a note) wasn't working. Swapped in my own custom script with just onread event and it worked immediately.

Has anyone found some default scripts not working ? I like using them when I can to keep my scripts to a minimum, but this spookiness is killing me.

@azraelb: Will do--thanks.

Question: anyone have difficulty with the defaultonread script that does a setstage ? I was having a hell of a time making a scene work when I realized that the defaultonread (of a note) wasn't working. Swapped in my own custom script with just onread event and it worked immediately.

Has anyone found some default scripts not working ? I like using them when I can to keep my scripts to a minimum, but this spookiness is killing me.

This may not have been the problem, but just checking that you know DefaultOnReadSetQuestStage is a reference alias script, not an object reference, and that it only sets the stage once if you use USLEEP/USKP?

@Lofgren. You are 100% correct and that explains everything. I have never encountered reference alias in this context before and now after having looked, I see there is another non-ref-alias version of that same script. Can't thank you enough for helping out.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: I made a mod with a custom script, a while ago, and have since wiped my computer, and lost the script. I have the .esp and .bsa intact, though. If I unpack the .bsa and put the script into my data files in the same file path, will it function in ck, as though it was never gone? Am looking to create new armors using the same script as the original.