[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Well that obviously makes no sense.

I swear I'm not making this up .-.

Little update : I'm stupid. Ends up I was editing the spell when I was supposed to change the enchantment effect the spell is based on ... Sorry !

Well that obviously makes no sense.

I swear I'm not making this up .-.

Little update : I'm stupid. Ends up I was editing the spell when I was supposed to change the enchantment effect the spell is based on ... Sorry !

I never thought you were making it up but I figured it was something like that.

What conditional statement should I use to detect if a player is currently giving commands to their follower? (the "command mode" you enter after you hold E on them or tell them "I need you to do something").

And anothe question: How the heck do you change the model for an item (in this case a misc item) into another default model. This bugs me to no end, the "model" field is grayed out and the only way seem to be to browse for a custom model. What bugs me even more is that when googling about it, all the results are asking about custom models rather than changing to another default model.

Edited by Mornedil

Hi again guys , so basicaly , I was wondering if anyone knew how Effect shaders worked ? I want to make a custom one but I'm completly lost and there isn't really anything I could find to help me.

What I want to do is have this shader work on swords (or only one specific sword really) and the visual effect would create a coating in a crystal clear blue light with litle lighting effect around it, a bit like the one in the picture (well actually , what I'm trying to do is exactly like what is in the picture). This effect would be part of a magic effect aplied to an enchantment that a spell uses , so basiacly when I cast the spell my sword gains shock damage and get the effect I'm trying to give it for 60 seconds.

But Yeah I have absolutely no Idea how to do this and would need a bit of help please =P

http://fr.tinypic.com/r/2yzewwk/9 (Image of my exemple)

What conditional statement should I use to detect if a player is currently giving commands to their follower? (the "command mode" you enter after you hold E on them or tell them "I need you to do something").

And anothe question: How the heck do you change the model for an item (in this case a misc item) into another default model. This bugs me to no end, the "model" field is grayed out and the only way seem to be to browse for a custom model. What bugs me even more is that when googling about it, all the results are asking about custom models rather than changing to another default model.

If you want to change the NIF file used from the original stock value to a different stock NIF file, you need to first extract the NIF file from the appropriate BSA file (usually Skyrim - Meshes.bsa) and put that file in the appropriate folder structure under your data\meshes folder. Then when you go to change the model in the Creation Kit you can navigate to the model that you want to use.

If you use Mod Organizer, you can extract the contents of the game BSAs and put them into a new "mod" folder. That way you can toggle it on and off as needed. On when working on your mod and off when playing the game.

Another way to change the model is to use TES5Edit and type the correct path and filename.

If you don't want to extract the models as IsharaMeriden says above, you can just copy and paste the path of the model you want to use into the path of the new object.

For conditions, on whom is the function being run? You can use "GetInFavorState" if the function is going to run on the person doing the favor. If the function is going to run on the player, then I don't think there is one. It's possible GetInFavorState will work for the player as well but I've never seen it.

If you want to change the NIF file used from the original stock value to a different stock NIF file, you need to first extract the NIF file from the appropriate BSA file (usually Skyrim - Meshes.bsa) and put that file in the appropriate folder structure under your data\meshes folder. Then when you go to change the model in the Creation Kit you can navigate to the model that you want to use.

If you use Mod Organizer, you can extract the contents of the game BSAs and put them into a new "mod" folder. That way you can toggle it on and off as needed. On when working on your mod and off when playing the game.

Another way to change the model is to use TES5Edit and type the correct path and filename.

Thanks! I'll probably go with the TES5Edit method. Should be easy to lookup the correct path by searching in the creation kit.

If you don't want to extract the models as IsharaMeriden says above, you can just copy and paste the path of the model you want to use into the path of the new object.

For conditions, on whom is the function being run? You can use "GetInFavorState" if the function is going to run on the person doing the favor. If the function is going to run on the player, then I don't think there is one. It's possible GetInFavorState will work for the player as well but I've never seen it.

copy-pasting file paths does not seem to work, the box which displays a model's file path is grayed out in the editor.

In the conditional function of a perk entry point, attached to the player. If you remember the 2 choice menu you helped me set up when activating an enchantment table :>

I need to also to add conditional statements to those "activate" entry points. I found out that if you are in the "follower command mode", you can actually activate the choice popup menu from a distance when telling the follower to use the enchanting table (which makes you teleport to it instead). So I figured I'd have to add a conditional function to the entry points to prevent that.

Edited by Mornedil

You should be able to use getisid player in order to restrict the option to only the player.

It does not seem to prevent it, I have "GetIsID Actor: Player == 1.00" as a conditional function for the perk owner on both perk entries.

Edited by Mornedil