Nexus Mod Manager enters open beta - download now!

Dark0ne

Bug reports don't work like the forums. The developer doesn't just stop whatever it is he is doing to reply directly to each report. They are also not worked on in the order they come in.

When I was a programmer, this is the way we handled bug reports.

Bug reports are put into a list, where they can sit until the developer gets a chance to look at them. (he has fixed the last bunch and is looking at the next bunch) Then they are prioritized. The developer works on the ones that are by his estimation the most serious ones that he can actually fix without recoding the entire thing.

If he doesn't have any of that type, he moves to the first one in the next serious category. Often, minor bugs are caught and fixed as he works through the more serious ones. Those that he cannot fix without recoding a large part of the program are put aside until the next upgrade - unless they are actually program breaking bugs. Then they may be taken up right away leading to new major revision.

Of course, if the boss comes in and says, "fix this one right away". He drops whatever he was working on and makes the boss happy, no matter how long it takes or how minor that problem is. :thumbsup:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gaming PC is on mobile broadband - I do not want it connected to the internet ALL the time!!!

I installed NMM with USB but now can't run the NMM because the internet connection is down (snow storm makes connection unstable).

Offline mode is necessity.

Offline mode is already enabled in NMM. You simply have to login once and select the "remember me" option. Turn off any settings that require the internet within NMM and hey presto, you have an NMM that works completely offline.

FYI, I`ve joined the nexus from long time ago (almost 2years) but when I tried login wiht my username and password the NMM said "invalid...."

I`m using the NMM v0.13, then I registered again, waiting couple hours waiting the validation email from nexus admin but no validation mail in my inbox, then I downloaded the new NMM v0.14. Walaaa...I can login and installing mods...It`s so stupid....you have to login if you wanna use NMM, there`s no warning, announcement that you have to update your NMM. I`m wating hours like dumbass...

FIX THIS METHOD PLEASE!!!!! I WAS ALREADY CONNECT TO INTERNET/ONLINE, LOGIN TO NEXUS WEBSITE...BUT STILL I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW NMM AND WITHOUT ANY NOTICE FROM THE NMM V0.13 I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION, I SAT HOURS LIKE DUMBASS!!!

TRIED TO LEARN FROM OTHER APP THAT HAVE WARNING UPDATE!!!

then I downloaded the new NMM v0.14. Walaaa...I can login and installing mods...It`s so stupid....you have to login if you wanna use NMM, there`s no warning, announcement that you have to update your NMM. I`m wating hours like dumbass...

TRIED TO LEARN FROM OTHER APP THAT HAVE WARNING UPDATE!!!

when did they change version 13?

version 13 ALWAYS asks you if you want to update to version 14

if it didn't ask you to update

something is dreadfully wrong with your computer

Open Beta means you have been invited to participate in testing a program. A beta version of a program is under testing, while open means the testing is open to anyone to participate - You are allowed and encouraged to help with that testing.

If you wish to participate in the Open Beta testing of Nexus Mod Manager all you have to do is submit bug reports of any problems you encounter through the proper bug report channel. If you do not wish to participate, you are still welcome to use the program - with the understanding that it is not a finished and ready to use program but an experimental program that may still have bugs, and At your own risk.

If you wish to submit a bug report, go here for instructions. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/460590-reporting-bugs/

Just saying something doesn't work in the forums is not a bug report and will probably not be looked into unless an actual bug report is also submitted.

• 3 weeks later...

Before the latest update, my mods all worked fine. But when i got the update and started the game, the mods don't load, so I tried re-installing them to the game but every time I try to activate the mod I get this error:

A problem occurred during install: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The mod was not installed.

I would try and fix it, but I don't know what that means.

Before the latest update, my mods all worked fine. But when i got the update and started the game, the mods don't load, so I tried re-installing them to the game but every time I try to activate the mod I get this error:

A problem occurred during install: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The mod was not installed.

I would try and fix it, but I don't know what that means.

i have the exact same problem, idk what to do? I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still the same problem.