Nexus Mod Manager enters open beta - download now!

Dark0ne

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/_ Guys please. . . I don't want to pester this thread constantly asking for help.

Have you posted your problem in the bug tracker? We can't fix something if you don't put it there, so please post any bugs in the bug tracker!

I hope logging in becomes optional in future releases. Currently this is a deal breaker for me.

Why? You already have an account.

Why? You already have an account.

Several reasons.

Theres no guarantee one can log in at anytime, this is why people get up in arms when companies like Ubisoft mandate a persistent connection to the servers to play their games. What if my ISP has an issue? Or the Nexus login servers? Right now, the Client crashes anytime I try to log in, while OBMM and FOMM work fine. Futhermore, I get more of my mods from other sources than I do from the nexus, (and I suppose it would seem silly to use something called the Nexus Mod Manager to manage those as well, but Id hoped the successor to the prior managers would retain that functionality) I don't see a need to login to manage those mods.

We do have an offline mode planned, so hopefully that should allay your fears. Indeed, our focus right now is on reducing any crashes that happen due to connection issues. However, you will need to login before using NMM if you want to make use of it's site checking features, like checking for new versions.

First of all, I'd like to say that I really like this idea, and I'd like to see how it will be in the future, but I still think that, for the time being, FOMM and OBMM are still better at Mod Managing. For example, while FOMM and OBMM both come with certain add-ons (BSA Packager, TESSnip, etc.) this one is rather bare, having only Archive Invalidated with it. Of course, I'm sure that will change in the future. I wanted to ask, do you guys think that the features from other managers such as Wrye/Gary Bash will ever be able to be implemented? I stopped using OBMM with oblivion (except to install .omods) in favor of Wrye Bash simply because it had more features that I thought were invaluable to play with lots of mods. One last problem I encountered, was that FOMM no longer works after I installed this, even after I uninstalled both Managers and re-installed FOMM. The following error came up in the crash dump:

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 1:16:09 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.InitMods()
  at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()
  at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()
  at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

Do you guys know what's causing this? It worked fine before I installed it...

Again, I really like this project and think that it will be extremely useful in the future, and I hope you have the best of luck making this Manager grow into one of the best Managers out there. Thanks for reading!

Lice 23

Edited by Lice23