Own a castle/fort

iZver

I personally think that Acquiring the Location, whether it's Helgen, Sungard, Sky Haven Temple, or some random Fort, should be quest or story driven and should not have a pricetag. But then, that's only to get the Rights to the location (or lay claim to it, however you play it up).

As for getting People to work/live there, It'd be neat to have to go "Recruit" them. Maybe get a quest to go rescue some refugees who have been captured, or go to some-random-town01 and hire NPC_Smith with gold(assuming you have a forge area built).

I guess the question of if it should have a Maintenance cost or not would depend on exactly what your working with. Rebuilding a town like Helgen shouldn't have maintenance, the purpose of a town is to Create wealth, not drain it. A private Fortress on the other hand Would incure costs to maintain.. It all depends on what your goal is... Personally, I want to rebuild Helgen (notice how many times I mention Helgen, :P ) But there are LOTS of excellent locations out there.

Personally I love these ideas. Especially having quests to claim a place, and being able to frecruit people to populate your town or fort.

But to take it a step further, recruiting merchants to set up shop and pay taxes would be a good way to get some income for upkeep.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a mod like Real Time Settlers (from arcoolka of the Fallout 3 modding community) put into Skyrim, especially if Skyrim's Creation Kit fixes previous nav mesh issues that existed in the Fallout games. This was by far my favorite mod, even with the glitches, and by limiting the areas to inhabit in Skyrim to the old forts, this could make a very stablee version. Plus, with all the preset interior, upgrades similar to what's seen with Skyrim's housing could be done to simplify things.

...and when you become a Jarl in in your Town/Hamlet/castle you can choose a God you wish to worship. Call specific clerics of your favorite god to build a shrine or temple on your land. That will give you some adventages that that god provides (more money from trading for example...) Talos will provide more skillful guardsmen, Dibela's shrine or temple will atract more marryable women in your settlement and so on...

maybe you are Orc or Kajiit and you want to make your own tribe!

Edited by sedeslav