⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Own a castle/fort

iZver

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aokami, to be honest, your idea is all over the place, it's hard to separate what you are trying to convey.

What I got from it is that you want the Blades to be the end-all faction, pretty much wiping the others out of existence, right? If this is what you want, I can tell you now, that the Reforging of the Blades mod won't be going this route, that's focusing solely on the Blades, it won't mess with anything in the Vanilla game other then relations with Dragons and the Greybeards.

If this isn't your idea, and would like to get it across, could you put them in some kind of order? As it is now, I have no real clue on what you are saying, and it's likely just a language barrier.

No not an end-all faction, but a hidden faction of the war going to turn the scales of the empire everywhere, they secretly have a strong presence as well as the support of sympathizers... It would be ideal to start building the HQ there and make the entire territory your own, with sungard becoming the main fortress and broken tower redoubt (rebuild with 2 tower on the other side and 2 gatebridge connecting them to the btr base) becoming secondary fortress to guard the hq... and all other small fortresses to weaken the enemy forces coming to attack/besiege your hq and forts

before you can own these forts you will either have to defeat the jarl in single combat or persuade/intimidate him to follow you...

Everytime you rebuild a fortress and 'equip' it with items and soldiers your influence in the region rises and while more people of the territory will join you... your enemies will send stronger forces...

You will be able to see this on your magical map (item required: map skyrim orb) on political mode as coloring of parts of territories or on your normal (paper) map with colored lines from a quill and on strategic maps with flags... Yellow for you, Red for Empire, Blue for Stormcloaks and Grey/White for Bandits/Thieves not owned

I think nobody would be naive enough to believe the war is over when 1 the king of the empire is dead and ulfric becomes highking or 2 the empire kills ulfric... 2 would only make the people of skyrim become more hostile against the empire and as for 1 we know the empires king is as much a puppet as was the highking of skyrim

Edited by Aokami

Something to just throw in about this-

Something else you would want is a dedicated Conjuration area you could purchase filled with Daedric stuff and a place where you could summon an unbound dremora,an atronach forge etc etc.

Something else would be a libary which you could fully stock for a pretty big price with a single copy of every non quest giving book/quest related book/skill giving book ingame

I personally think that Acquiring the Location, whether it's Helgen, Sungard, Sky Haven Temple, or some random Fort, should be quest or story driven and should not have a pricetag. But then, that's only to get the Rights to the location (or lay claim to it, however you play it up).

Cleaning the location up and rebuilding it, should cost a small fortune.

In the case of something like rebuilding a large town/fort like Helgen or Sungard, maybe 100k to get it Liveable, but upwards of 500k to get it fully rebuilt and embellished. For something more along the lines of say Fellhammer or Halted Stream, maybe 50k to get it liveable and 150k to finish it off. All based on how much stuff can feasible be put into an area.

Another way to increase the "Cost" of building and repairing, is to include resources other than coin in the cost.. ... Wanna build a forge area, sure.. 50000 coin, 10 Fire Salts, 3 Buckets, 25 Iron Ingots, 15 Steel Ingots, 5 Leather, 20 Wood, (it would be great if there were Stone to acquire too, grrr)

Point being.. it doesn't all have to be coin....

As for getting People to work/live there, It'd be neat to have to go "Recruit" them. Maybe get a quest to go rescue some refugees who have been captured, or go to some-random-town01 and hire NPC_Smith with gold(assuming you have a forge area built).

I guess the question of if it should have a Maintenance cost or not would depend on exactly what your working with. Rebuilding a town like Helgen shouldn't have maintenance, the purpose of a town is to Create wealth, not drain it. A private Fortress on the other hand Would incure costs to maintain.. It all depends on what your goal is... Personally, I want to rebuild Helgen (notice how many times I mention Helgen, :P ) But there are LOTS of excellent locations out there.