Using vs. Storing Items

Farlo

@OP: Yes! It is stupid. In my opinion, this problem is even stupider in the context of the barter menu. Because whenever you try to leave the barter menu, it prompts you with a popup confirmation dialog. In other words, the game thinks "stop talking to the merchant for a few seconds? Ooooh, I don't know if we should let the player do that!! Better double check that this is really a decision the player is comfortable with...........on the other hand, the player just sold his one-of-a-kind sword of awesomeness, and it'll cost 10 times more to buy back - should we double-check whether the player really meant to sell it, or whether s/he just instinctively pressed "e"? Or should we let the player buy that sword back for the same price in case it was a mistake? Naaaah."

My other gripe is that the marker for whether something is equipped is in the same place as the one to tell you whether something is favourited or not. As a result, you can see whether something is equipped, or whether it's favourited, but not both. Simply because the UI designer decided that was too difficult and couldn't be arsed coming up with a better solution. That, and a multi-billion dollar company like Bethesda couldn't be stuffed hiring a proper UI designer for their flagship game.

AAAAAGH!

Or try to to grab something and shout at it instead. :facepalm:

I've had quite a few experiences hunting an amulet or gem I Shouted across the room, it does suck.

@OP: Yes! It is stupid. In my opinion, this problem is even stupider in the context of the barter menu. Because whenever you try to leave the barter menu, it prompts you with a popup confirmation dialog. In other words, the game thinks "stop talking to the merchant for a few seconds? Ooooh, I don't know if we should let the player do that!! Better double check that this is really a decision the player is comfortable with...........on the other hand, the player just sold his one-of-a-kind sword of awesomeness, and it'll cost 10 times more to buy back - should we double-check whether the player really meant to sell it, or whether s/he just instinctively pressed "e"? Or should we let the player buy that sword back for the same price in case it was a mistake? Naaaah."

My other gripe is that the marker for whether something is equipped is in the same place as the one to tell you whether something is favourited or not. As a result, you can see whether something is equipped, or whether it's favourited, but not both. Simply because the UI designer decided that was too difficult and couldn't be arsed coming up with a better solution. That, and a multi-billion dollar company like Bethesda couldn't be stuffed hiring a proper UI designer for their flagship game.

AAAAAGH!

I completely agree, they really did under perform with the UI, it feels like it was made by a committee, not gamers. I can't imagine having to use it without that Day 1 update. :wallbash:

I don't make that many mistakes, but 50 hours in I'm still getting used to the UI. I do find myself forgetting that left-click, unlike pretty much all other games, does not place items in and out of the container. It's also a pain that a container doesn't have sections for item type like the character inventory does... Edited by natelovesyou

I've lost count of how many discoveries I've made by eating what I wanted to store, the UI really is a mess. Darn is on the case now so we should get something usable in the future.

Is DarN really doing it?? Sweet! As long as it's better than the one in Oblivion, and by that I mean I hope it doesn't slow down to speeds so slow that I want to cry when I have a lot of items, or even a medium amount. It was very slow. Otherwise, one of the best mods for the game.