95 Hours of game-play later

Dreadarm

So after 95 hours of game-play, I have created 4 very different characters in Skyrim.

My first character was a jack of all trades (mostly because i spread my skills to thin not being use to the leveling system) when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to kill anything solo after level 20 I made a second character.

My second toon was a pure mage specializing in destruction with some minor restoration for those nasty times when all hell breaks loose (I found the mage to be a little OP with the exception that when my mana ran dry i was F!@# (thank god for the abundance of mana potions on every desk and urn in every dungeon).

My Third toon was a pure sneak assassin, (totally the easy button BTW) lets just say that at level 28 with 100 sneak full one hand and sneak abilities my toon did 30x dmg with a fully enchanted and flawless elvin dagger. so some where in the neighborhood of 23*30 + the 15 frost dmg and the combo attack making that all *3 again.

My last and IMO most balanced toon, is an orc melee character specialized in one handed and block and blacksmith. he is level 20 and just took on the vouge un-dead flying B@!@## in one of the ruins and with the aid of Lydia and some RAGE he took her out with a good deal of effort.

Anyhow, the point of this post was not to boast on my toons but rather to say that I am 95 hours in, have made and leveled up 4 toons and have yet to repeat any content other than the basic intro kill dragon x to save the town / speak to weirdo monks in isolated tower etc... etc... I have gone completely different paths with each toon and I really like that there is so much to explore and do that I have yet to really repeat anything.

Has anyone else enjoyed this game as much as I have to invest 95 hours in since its release a few days ago? and what are your thoughts.

I agree as to the great variety of the game although I have only gotten to play 15 hours or so (I'm very busy with school) Although I have been hurting between lack of performance fixing patches my game lags on a computer that runs AC2 and ME2 on ultra graphics (which are games on the same par basically graphically) at 60 FPS. And just today my sound freaked out. I also an missing my construction kit as I dislike the vanilla companion system and I wanted to do a nearly endless amount of tiny tweaking such as I did with FNV and oblivion. It still is one of my favorite games of all time.

I agree as to the great variety of the game although I have only gotten to play 15 hours or so (I'm very busy with school) Although I have been hurting between lack of performance fixing patches my game lags on a computer that runs AC2 and ME2 on ultra graphics (which are games on the same par basically graphically) at 60 FPS. And just today my sound freaked out. I also an missing my construction kit as I dislike the vanilla companion system and I wanted to do a nearly endless amount of tiny tweaking such as I did with FNV and oblivion. It still is one of my favorite games of all time.

I had allot of problems with FPS and Video memory loading lag, I actually used the boarder-less window mod along with the d3d9.dll from the FXAA post processing effects and this resolved my problem. for some reason I only get the issues when the game is full screened, not in windowed mode.

Here are the two mods.

FXAA Post...

Simple Borderless...

95 hours! :turned: wish I could do that, geeez! Anyway, I'm only about 15 hours into this and I'm not even playing the storyline yet. I'm out exploring, looking for trouble (usually it finds me) and going to all the cities. I thought it would be a good way to build my character up before I get into the main story and give me a chance to get this game figured out. I'm now at level 16, I have my Kantana Blade's sword and having a great time! :thumbsup:

Wait what the...do you have any sort of life?

School? Work? Income of any sort?

yeah actually I am a full time student, got a problem with what i choose to spend my time on? go take it up with somone who cares.

http://wordnerd1.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/giveadamn.gif?w=510

Hey, I like to run multiple characters too. I am trying like hell to avoid the main quest for now. I want to savor it. I try to build characters around a concept. For Oblivion, my first successful character was a Bosmer assassin. I was able to get into a very creepy mindset for her. My children were my audience in those days and they still remember her as the blissfully happy psychopath. I had other characters from back then, but none were quite as fun.

Right now I have somewhere around 60 hours of playtime. In that time, I've made 6 characters.

Character #1: Argonian. Why an Argonian? Because they are like a million times more cool than the Oblivion ones. Anyway, he is a warrior that uses conjured blades for combat. Sort of jack 'o' all trades, but specialized enough that his one-handed is nearly as high as his conjuration. Fun character to play. Nearly level 30 by now, though I have been playing other characters as well. Weapon and shield/spell. No vested interest in the developing civil war.

Character #2: Dunmer sneaker. Playing her evil. About level 13 or so. While I like the alien look of the elves, it somewhat makes her look like a man. Having a hard time staying in the mindset I want for this character. May ditch her entirely. Archery or single weapon. Thinking the overall Dunmer aesthetic is suitable to a PnP roleplaying character I used to play. No vested interest in the civil war.

Character #3: Nord female. Haven't gone anywhere beyond the tutorial. In a way, she was conceptually replaced by character 5. May just delete her.

Character #4: Imperial female. Sneaky, but probably more in the scout/woodsman/ranger sort of way. Level 9. Dual wielder (sword and dagger). Restoration spells only. Slightly vested towards the Imperials, but I am having a hard time justifying any allegiance to a group that was planning on hacking my character's head off.

Character #5: Nord male. Made him like a grizzled veteran type. Probably to appeal to the fact that I am getting past my prime too. :) Have yet to explore this character's path. So far been using light armor and two handed weapons. Outright planning on supporting and joining the Stormcloaks.

Character #6: Orc male. Another race that I hated from Oblivion but was all giddy to play in Skyrim. Again, not much done with him. Thinking of trying out dual war axes for him.

I'm honestly jealous of your guys' ability to create multiple characters so soon. Well at least soon compared to me.

I've been playing my first character who is an Imperial Warrior specialized in Sword and Shield, Heavy Armor and Smithing. I have 53 hours in as of this writing and have only completed The Companions questline and dabbled in the main quest. I can't wait to create my second set of eyes to explore Skyrim with.