True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump for a worthy cause! - I love my kitty - but she just doesn't look right =(

I think they did a horrible job on the animal type races sadly.

I wouldnt say horrible, but lazy as hell. I am trying to model khajiits to have their legs look like actual animal legs, not over jointed like in Morrowind or even like with Werewolves but just a little bended.

Bump for a worthy cause! - I love my kitty - but she just doesn't look right =(

I think they did a horrible job on the animal type races sadly.

I wouldnt say horrible, but lazy as hell. I am trying to model khajiits to have their legs look like actual animal legs, not over jointed like in Morrowind or even like with Werewolves but just a little bended.

They weren't over-jointed in morrowind. This is what you call a digitigrade leg. The tiger you linked a while back actually has horrendously short legs if it's supposed to be proportioned like a human.

Look at the picture here.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4438/cevel.jpg

Starting at the hip, there is the thigh, then the knee, then the shin/calf, then the ankle, then the foot, then the toes. "Digitigrade" means that they walk on their toes instead of their foot and ankle. What a lot of people call an "extra knee" or a "backwards knee" is actually their ankle, and not an extra joint at all.

Just stand on your toes right now. This is how they walk, they just have really long feet (equally as long as their thighs and shins) and are actually built to walk like this properly.

Many animals have legs shaped like this. Just keep in mind their center of gravity, your foot should never be placed in front of you, if you're leaning on one leg your foot is basically directly underneath your head. A lot of people draw anthros with digitigrade legs as if they were wearing high heels... which is pretty much the opposite of how they would stand.

The werewolves are actually pretty good in this game, leg-wise.

Edited by BeakieHelmet

Hey, I have a question... How many furries there is in this topic ? :D

I am a furry a real one

i am furry too~ and it depends on what you mean by real, hehe.

ever since i started in it about 5 years ago iv always been a cross-dressing, male, anthro fox. I also have a secondary fursona as a cross-dressing, male renamon. ^.^

but nevertheless, i am a furry, although i can be quite the sex fiend though, and i have a fascination for reptiles. x3

but i see the furry fandom as more than just a fetish though, so i guess im a real furry.

Edited by shadowxi304