True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like anthropomorphic alien/fantasy races, whether or not that makes me a furry is for other people to decide.

Thank you! That's why the Burmecian mod appealled to me so much; playing as humans and human permutations (elves included) just kinda...bored me. That's one of the reasons that Skyrim's been able to reel me in the way it has. Not every non-human/elf is just some braindead NPC, there's goodguys and badguys, and you can play into it.

Technically, I consider myself a furry too, I enjoy the art and RPing as non-humans and such, but I want to make it clear that I'm not someone who acts all cutesy and such all the time (like a couple of others in this thread. No offense to you guys, but that's just not how I roll.), and it's not a purely sexual thing. Aspects of it are, of course (just as with just about anything), but for Fallout and The Elder Scrolls and such...it's just more fun to me!

Anthro does not mean animal. Please stop confusing the two terms. It makes it impossible to communicate about what it is you want.

Because wanting a "true anthro race" would be wanting human beings. "Anthro" comes from the Greek root "anthrop" or "anthropo" meaning "human being." That's why anthropology is the study of human ancestry, not the study of animals. Wanting something "more anthro" would be wanting it to be "more human." This is why anything is anthropomorphic if you give it human qualities (like The Brave Little Toaster.)

What you seem to want is something that gives basic human sentience to animals, or perhaps a basic bipedal skeleton to animals. I have no idea what the term for that would be, but it is not "true anthro."There needs to be a better term for this.

If someone does digi-grade legs, I'll be interested to see how they adapt the various armor models for them. It seems like it would be a lot of work to redo, but it would give the Khajiit or Argonians a more Morrowind feel, and I'm sure a lot of people would want that.

Edited by PrometheusBound

as far i can read here.

some wants khajit like race as a wolf and not cat beeing

other want more werewolf like races in big armors like orks

than i look at the lizard race, they seem to slender for a dragon like race

they should have stronger looking bodies for looking like dragons

yeah, there will be a race pack including wolfs, snakes, foxes, coyotes (i hope so ^_^), tigers, bunnies, deers or god knows what else... Edited by Lacorpse