Multiplayer Mod. Possible? Realistic?

wuwuwuwuwu

I like Fallout 4. But I'd love it if I could play with a friend. I know that there is a multiplayer mod for Fallout New Vegas in the works and that it's still pretty rough.

So I'd like to ask if you think that a multiplayer mod for Fallout 4 is possible or reasonable.

And ofcourse, if it is possible, if we could expect such a mod being made before a new Fallout game is released.

Edited by wuwuwuwuwu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skyrim one is pretty buggy and I think the individual heading that project is pretty gifted and has been working on it for a year or so now and still buggy. I think the odds are slim, but not impossible.

You would need someone who had the skill set, the time and the motivation for such a project. So far, pretty rare combo.

If one postulates an infinite universe, then anything is possible. So possible is 'yes', but probable is a 'no'. It is not worth the effort to rewrite the base game engine to accommodate multiple players.

A 2 man co-op would be interesting as long as the difficulty of the game was increased with the second player. Right now, the AI isn't very intelligent. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wouldn't the game and player characters have to synch with each other? What if one of the players has a bunch of mods? I'm not a modder but even thinking about how that would work starts to give me a headache.