ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Glass Armor Retex assistance?

bloodtrailkiller

Well, since I'm working on my first mod... ever, I'm doing it easy, with a retex.

Although I can re-color the entire armor with ease, the reflection of green is still there :/ any leads on how to fix it? I'm trying for a dark grey/pale red color scheme, but the green shiny is still there :c

So, it's a simple question, ^^ thanks in advance to anyone who answers

Can't identify the problem without a lot more information. If the models work anything like in previous Bethesda games (and the experts are working to figure that out), the specular color is the color of reflected light which is stored in the MaterialProperty of the TriShape in the model. So it may not be possible to change that until we can change the models themselves.

Here's a crazy idea: try making the object magenta (opposite side of the color wheel from green), to see if that shifts the perceived reflection (normal reflected color magenta plus specular color green) to white light. Obviously that won't solve your immediate problem because you don't want magenta armor, but it will teach us something about how the game renders the models.

Probably because it uses an environment map shader. If you are doing a complete replacer you'll have to replace the environment map itself with one that isn't green.

The glass parts use this cube map: textures\cubemaps\opal_e.dds

the gold parts use this one: textures\cubemaps\Ore_Gold_e.dds

Aside from that it could have other shader effects or perhaps glow colors we can't really get at yet. but try the cubemaps and see...

Try renaming one of these http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ltsty to opal_e.dds. And stuff it in the textures\cubemaps\

Irridecent_e.dds is red. try the funkymetal one too :biggrin:

Edited by Ghogiel