Boycott Beth.net

Mitigate

There's no need to resort to insults. You disagree with me, fine. But don't be that person. Being a potential sellout is bad enough.

I think you are just feeling envy because someone might make money and you are not getting a cut. Also you do not get to complain about insults, when you are making backhanded insults along with weaseling in every post.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no need to resort to insults. You disagree with me, fine. But don't be that person. Being a potential sellout is bad enough.

I think you are just feeling envy because someone might make money and you are not getting a cut. Also you do not get to complain about insults, when you are making backhanded insults along with weaseling in every post.

Envy? Absolutely not. My intentions are pure. My posts reflect my true feelings. Were I the creator of successful mods, they would be staying exclusive to the Nexus. Beth.net and console peasants be damned.

You on the other hand are one of those users who waits in the wings for a chance to spring with a belittling post. Just because you have disagreed with me from the start and then got called out by others with your terrible use of terms.

Edited by Mitigate

Envy? Absolutely not. My intentions are pure. My posts reflect my true feelings. Were I the creator of successful mods, they would be staying exclusive to the Nexus. Beth.net and console peasants be damned.

You on the other hand are one of those users who waits in the wings for a chance to spring with a belittling post. Just because you have disagreed with me from the start and then got called out by others with your terrible use of terms.

Then explain why you call people sell-outs? We, the mod-cats work our asses off modding so being called a sell-out is irritating.

Edited by lelcat

Then explain why you call people sell-outs?

I haven't actually called anyone a sellout yet. But if the shoe eventually fits...

Edited by Mitigate

We, the mod-cats work our asses off modding so being called a sell-out is irritating.

You? You've published one, insignificant mod as far as I can see. I only refer to invaluable mod authors. Arthmoor, as much as he may dislike me right now, is invaluable to the Nexus community.

Edited by Mitigate

Were I the creator of successful mods, they would be staying exclusive to the Nexus. Beth.net and console peasants be damned.

Damn, reading this makes me want to put all my mods on Bethesda's site. I can't stand that web-site, but I don't want to be part of this sort of elitist exclusionary clubhouse stuff.

(Yeah, yeah, I know you're talking to the famous guys but whatever).

Were I the creator of successful mods, they would be staying exclusive to the Nexus. Beth.net and console peasants be damned.

Damn, reading this makes me want to put all my mods on Bethesda's site. I can't stand that web-site, but I don't want to be part of this sort of elitist exclusionary clubhouse stuff.

(Yeah, yeah, I know you're talking to the famous guys but whatever).

There's nothing elitist about it. Read my previous posts. It's not about elitism. It's about being against Bethesda trying to fix (f***) something that isn't broken... Especially when we all know the reason behind it is to make a buck.

I'm going to oppose it all the way. But if the mod authors do eventually bail from the Nexus to beth.net, I'll have to make a final decision then on what I will do. Join them just to keep enjoying what I love or spite myself for the principle and quit Bethesda games... Wont be an easy choice.

What is easy is just going with it and not getting involved at all. I'd get no hate that way. But then there's no opposition for stupid, greedy ideas.

Edited by Mitigate

There's nothing elitist about it.

console peasants be damned.

You may wish to consider how the sentiments you express come across to the reader, if you're concerned about being misjudged.

I understand, there's been some changes to a hobby you enjoy. Naturally you're concerned. However you have no right to decide that everything must stay exactly as it is simply because you're conservative and driven by your own self-interest. You're lecturing and berating the creators of mods, despite denying that you're taking them for granted. You're trying to decide yourself, unilaterally how the future of modding will proceed and structure it according to your whims. Your long-term involvement in the hobby and your financial contributions are laudable but they do not give you the right to decide the actions of others.

There's nothing elitist about it.

console peasants be damned.

You may wish to consider how the sentiments you express come across to the reader, if you're concerned about being misjudged.

I understand, there's been some changes to a hobby you enjoy. Naturally you're concerned. However you have no right to decide that everything must stay exactly as it is simply because you're conservative and driven by your own self-interest. You're lecturing and berating the creators of mods, despite denying that you're taking them for granted. You're trying to decide yourself, unilaterally how the future of modding will proceed and structure it according to your whims. Your long-term involvement in the hobby and your financial contributions are laudable but they do not give you the right to decide the actions of others.

Nor would I WANT to decide for others. But I will still stand for what I believe is right. The authors can and will do as they please. I just hope they have the hobby's best interests at heart instead of being willing to let it be damaged by Bethesda in order to seek potential fame and fortune.

Edited by Mitigate

Yea you want to. From the very start this post is meant to try and convince others that your views are the correct ones and not anyone else's. Otherwise you'd have kept your mouth shut and your fingers away from the keyboard.