Necromancy is absolute TRASH!

Sindrie

I think all summons should be permanant. but controlling them temporarily reduces your max mana for each one you have out, and your regen goes slower too.

higher control limit perks should be available too. i wouldn't consider playing a necromancer if i couldn't have at least four minions running around.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all summons should be permanant. but controlling them temporarily reduces your max mana for each one you have out, and your regen goes slower too.

higher control limit perks should be available too. i wouldn't consider playing a necromancer if i couldn't have at least four minions running around.

That is certainly and interesting idea. Would be worth a try something along those lines.

ya make a summoner mod were you can diablo style raise like 4 some what weaker zombies or deadrea so numbers over power sounds like a cool idea, i'm a necromancer at heart but it's so bad in this game i'm stuck useing atronaches lol, don't get me wrong i love atros thouogh, just why one is blatently better makes no sence. I want to make a mod and revamp conjuration i just don't know how to add perks now that its a constelation thing in fallout wit was a list so easy but with it being some weird graphical thing might be hard to do.

I don't find it underpowered at all, I maxed conjuration and am slightly dissapointed the dead thrall only works on people, I wanted a skeleton bodyguard, but I found Ghunzul (the leader of the cracked tusk bandits) and have been using him ever since. He has full steel plate armor and a glass greatsword and he wrecks everything in one or two hits, and if he does die dead thrall doesn't turn him back to ash, so I just resurrect him again. I've gone from being a stealthy archer to just being a zombie shepard, I stealth in to lead Ghunzul toward the enemies, then watch him go hostile and decapitate some poor bandits.

Edit: I've also got the perk that allows for 2 zombies at once, so I dead thrall the boss of every dungeon I enter and bring him back to my house and kill him, I have a collection of boss archers, mages, and warriors as backups incase I need them in my house.

Edited by sticks223

I don't find it underpowered at all, I maxed conjuration and am slightly dissapointed the dead thrall only works on people, I wanted a skeleton bodyguard, but I found Ghunzul (the leader of the cracked tusk bandits) and have been using him ever since. He has full steel plate armor and a glass greatsword and he wrecks everything in one or two hits, and if he does die dead thrall doesn't turn him back to ash, so I just resurrect him again. I've gone from being a stealthy archer to just being a zombie shepard, I stealth in to lead Ghunzul toward the enemies, then watch him go hostile and decapitate some poor bandits.

Edit: I've also got the perk that allows for 2 zombies at once, so I dead thrall the boss of every dungeon I enter and bring him back to my house and kill him, I have a collection of boss archers, mages, and warriors as backups incase I need them in my house.

I truely understand this but people keep saying this lol i'm sure many people don't want to wait all the way to freakin master conjuration just to have a viable play-style with necromancy and dead thralls seem to just dissapear on me so don't give them good weaps you will never see it again, even with 2 dead thralls a atromancer will plow a necromancer any day and it's frustrating. they all need to be permanent and even the dead thralls still realy suck compaired to 2 dremora lords or even 2 atros, atros you can even strategicly place them. with necromancy i find myself draging dead bodies to no rooms to raise because zombie AI is so terrible that if you raise them in a nearby room with enemies nerby (in a different room) they will just stand there with there weapons drawn untill they run out of time or the battle is over. Also as I said before why in the hell is a zombie A ZOMBIE!!!! just as powerful as a normal human, zombies have super human strength and can tare a man in half with out a weapon with out any effort. It's like zombie cannon that there so powerful the only way to kill them is with fire or litterally chopping them up into tinny pieces, look at oblivion the headless zombie was even more powerful than a normal one.

P.s. thrall sucks because there are many people you can't use it on for ex. draugr deathlords, necromancers adepts, dremaora in fact it won't work almost all high level boss like I said I can see not a dragon but no skeleton? necromancer adept? Draudr deathlord? just wow.

Like I said in another thread-my position on this is that the magic never actually got better like Beth says it did. All that happened was DESTRUCTION school became a bit more dynamic. The Necromancy/Summoning is awful(never will I look past the missing bound armor spell) we get maybe 9-10 spells, including the higher level versions of spells you already have.

I also ask why the bothered to include the Telekinesis spell-it is useless as hurled objects do about 2% damage and without the raised stones(varla) in Oblivion their is no item that is awkward/difficult to reach.

Beyond the lacking Summoning/Conjuration we have an almost empty Restoration school. Fast heal is the only useful spell. Wards eat through you magic like crazy and can maybe defend(if you would even call it that) one attack before leaving you with no magic to fight off the enemies. And it is not like I am expecting this from the stock Magic you are given-I am level 25 and put nearly all upgrades into Magic/wearing magic boosters(gloves-boots-mask-armor) all give me increased magic and the wards still are not an economic choice in a fight.

Conjuration is my fav' school of magic/spell casting in any game(I believe it is the most powerful/dangerous) but in Skyrim I find it to be so thin and holow.

The sad thing is Conjuration is the second most useful school in the game imo(Des'-Con'-Alt'-Res'-Ill'/ in that order of usefulness)

TBH I like the scrolls way more than the schools in this game, they are more powerful and interesting, and since after level 15 money becomes useless as it is everywhere they are not hard to afford.

PS. The staffs suck ass too. Staff of Magelight, really?Honest question has anyone even used that once? The game is not even dark/ the game has a cheap spell for it too.

/\ Agreed I belive conjuration is the most powerful skill beacuse 2 atros or dremoras wreck all things... and bond weapons are like god mode but then necormancy is useless so we can tell were all there time went in conjuration.... I would not find necromancy so bad if it wasn't so glitchy some times my zombie comes with me through doors some time it does not some times it turns to ash for no apparent reason O.o also why don't zombie use there weapons si i can't even raise at a range I have to go to the body and open his/her inv then take the weapon and replace it in his inventory otherwise he/she will hand to hand with a dragon...

Agreed, this isn't just for conjuration though. Destruction magic also has this issue of draining to much magicka to be effective, the most effective spells are the apprentice ones :)

Creation kit, yes please!

Other than that, I really love this game!

Edited by 940220