Is it me or does Skyrim seem dark and kind of depressing to you?

Pineapplerum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm glad some of you are really into the grey scenery and are enjoying it. But the sun still shines and the birds still chirp even when there's war and dragons buzzing around, jeez. I'm not asking for rainbows and unicorns (wtf?), it feels too much like Fallout. In the after math of a nuclear war, ok, I can see it being grey in the atmosphere.

Vertex, thank you for the link. I'll check it out. :D

Edited by Pineapplerum

Someone obviously did not play Morrowind. Skyrim is bright and cheery in comparison. That place was, for the most part, either a volcanic waste or a swamp. And, i have to admit, i loved ever minute in it.

Skyrim may be artistically 'bleak' but the range of environements, the characters, wildlife and effects are top notch. You also have the range of different dungeons to explore. If you want something really spectacular, play along the main quest line (if you haven't already). You will come to a cave that will take your breath away. The beauty is there, but it's not going to jump up and yell at you when your staring at a swamp. That said, the view from the summit of the Throat of the World is nothing short of spectacular.

Interesting topic. To me, the lighting seems to suit the surroundings just fine. Other then in caves and such, but otherwise I like it. One thing I did notice is the star field or night sky is the same used in Oblivion. There is a cluster of three stars almost together in the sky in Oblivion and that same cluster is in this night sky too. I think the environmental lighting is suited for the 'atmosphere' of this game and I don't find it depressing. :thumbsup: