⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks it works for me,just write this command in skyrimprefs.ini above the position [Display] and click file and save it,it must work,it must be the first in notepad,and the command is:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

The first lines of skyrimprefs.ini it should looks like this:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

[Display]

iTexMipMapSkip=0

bFXAAEnabled=0

Have a nice game :D

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

HEY! thanks man worked like a charm!

Try setting the option to " 0 " and then loading the launcher. While the launcher is loaded, change it back to " 1 " and save the file. Then close the launcher, and then reopen it. Might work, might not. Let's hope?

I've spent 3 days looking through files, trying different mod loaders and every things. This worked Wish i had checked here first.

Thank you :D

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

im having the same problem. nothing seems to work

same here

I've opened the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, it already had bEnableFileSelection=1 under launcher.

Tried copy pasting, no go. Tried changing it while game was loaded then reloading, no go.

Tried making a completely new file, copy pasting the old text, no go.

It's not set to Read Only, and I have UAC completely turned off, so administration issues aren't relevant.

This wasn't even a problem really until I started using the 4gb skyrim loader. I can't load files via NMM now so I have no .esp, .esm etc. from my mods.

No idea what to do. For full disclosure, this is the box version, not the steam version.

EDIT: Herp derp. I didn't realize SkyrimPrefs.ini was in TWO places.

For those who are still having problems, make sure you're editting the SkryimPrefs.ini in your User\[Account name]\Documents\My Games\Skrim folder.

Works perfectly now.

Thank you sooo much OMG.. i was wondering why none of the mods i installed ever worked. :) I love you in a no homosexual way.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Thank you..It worked like a charm :dance:

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

I couldn't find this line what do i do should i copy it in to the file if so where do i put it