Help: Skyrim "data files" unclickable

kiekieboek

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K, I followed the correct instructions meticulously. I'm able to select the "data file" option from launcher, but the game crashes after the bethesda studio thing plays, any Idea how to fix?

In this case you might have mods conflicts, lacking needed ESM or something alike. Totally different problem than that on the thread. Open a thread stating the issue, provide information about you computer, the OS and in case of Vista or 7, the folder the game is installed. The default C:\Program Files is know source of issues.

Finally but most important, the load order and if you do have mods without ESPs, like UI mods.

I had the same problem as you but this did the trick.

You need to add [Launcher] bEnableFileSelection=1 at the TOP of the SkyrimPref.ini that is in your My Games folder (C:\...\My Games\Skyrim), NOT in the installation folder!

this made all the difference. moved the [Launcher] section to the top of the file and it started working. thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

you're a life-saver mate i was getting desperate cuz i couldn't get darksiders' armour and weapon as well as mike's mystical mounts mod working out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have win7, this didn't work for me, also when I try to change it to "0" it says access is denied after I click save, I'm running as admin, also, I tried running in compatibility mode for xp to see if I could get any differet result, and got none. please please help!!!!!!

I think you should creat a new file and change the extension to ini and then replace the old "SkyrimPrefs.ini" file. That should fix the access denied in most case. Good luck and have a fun game. :thumbsup:

yea i am new to installing mods and no clue how to even make the file needed!

please help!

I have a problem accessing the "data files" in the launcher where the mods can be activated.

I have already added the following line in both SkyrimPrefs.ini files but it is still greyed out.

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

Who can help me with this??

I found a way maybe you were in the location of were you installed the game?

No, That will not work true location is go to My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs.ini

Then find [Launcher] and replace whats below it to Example: [Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=4

You need to add that line in SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My document/MyGames/Skyrim or something. I don't use win 7 so figure it yourself, pleasa:D).

Look for the line:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

And add it like this:

[Launcher]

bShowAllResolutions=0

uLastAspectRatio=2

bEnableFileSelection=1

Good luck. :psyduck:

thx m8, I have windows 7 and this worked like a charm, cheers \m/,