Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't kill Paarthurnax.

I really like him. He's just some ancient, powerful and meditative dragon that keeps to himself on a mountaintop. Of course there's always the fear and doubts that leaving dragons alive would eventually cause trouble to the human and mer society. But for me, dragon's are just a part of this alreay-very-violent world of TES. We just have to get used to the fact that humen and mer are not the most dominant species in the world and try to make ourselves most comfortable in this world without wiping out all dragons.

Paarthurnax is in fact not very violent, at least from my short times with him. I love his philosophical pondering. He's really more wise and knowledgeable and tolerant and self-controlled than many human or mers.

NO I didn't kill him and the reason is because He Teaches you Powerful Shouts plus he's not Evil. Yes Paarthurnax was Alduins Second-in-command and he Betrayed Alduin and is now the Leader of the Greybeards he is Not a Danger to anyone. IMO Delphine Is a Female Dog and shes very Manipulative.

Bethesda needs to fix this where you can Lie to Delphine because Delphine Doesn't watch you kill Paarthurnax so you could just Lie to her and say that you did plus Delphine is Not a Psychic or Dragonborn so she wouldn't know and also you could just take a Skull from another Dragon and Lie and say that its Paarthrunax.

Edited by Jitansgate

I Killed him, because as he said, "dohwakhin is wise to never trust a dova" (typos ino) and heres a couple of reasons why i deemed it worth killing him.

* You get your hands on Dragonbane (Awesome katana sword doing extra damage to dragons)

* Permanent buff to make slaying dragons easier (Esbern will offer you this after first Blade quest)

* Even with Parthurnax dead you will keep the chosen Meditation word, just make sure you choose the one you like the best, in my case Fus (Force with no effort)

* 6 x clean Blades Sword's for experimenting with the (imo) most stylish 1h wpn in game. (Yes yes i know not the highest damage sword but youll be overpowered in no time anyways in this game)

* A legit way to remove those annoying housecarls by simply allowing them to be recruited by Blades

* You will now have a Follower camp with 3 followers to choose from in the same spot, quite convenient imo.

* Esbern is cool, and voice acted by a danish actor (im danish :thumbsup: )

Other than that those damn hippie-graybeards looking down from their High Hrothgar with despise on us the people fighting a war against dragons, vampires and Empire (altmerian dominion is kill on sight for me!)

I chose not to kill Paarthurnax. What the Blades have to offer is mediocre at best. Here are my counterarguments to your arguments:

* You get Dragonbane and the six Blades Swords right when you first enter Sky Haven Temple, no need to join the Blades.

* That perk you get from Esbern is glitched beyond belief. Besides, it's not that great anyway.

* Paarthurnax staying alive allows you to switch between which word to meditate on.

* Housecarls aren't that annoyi, at least not enough to want Paarthurnax dead.

* Follower camp? Who cares? Do you not know where all the followers are in the first place? The only follower that realy benefits is Kharjo because he's always on the move. Still, not enough for me to kill Paarthurnax.

* Paarthurnax's voice actor is the guy who voices Mario, and I'm Italian. Liking a voice actor is nowhere near enough to merit killing Paarthurnax.

Overall, the Blades donmt offer as much as the Greybeards do. With the Greybeards, you can meditate on the three words of power with Paarthurnax, and Arngeir can show you the locations of word walls. As far as the Blades are concerned, the way think of dragons is no different than the way the Stormcloaks treat the other races of Skyrim. The Aldmeri Dominion are a group of Elven idiots, but that doesn't mean all elves are bad. Alduin tried to destroy the world, but that doesn't mean all dragons are evil. Paarthurnax helps you, Odahviing helps you after The Fallen is complete, and if you have Dawnguard installed Durnehviir helps you as well. Dragons trump th Blades any day, end of story.

I Killed him, because as he said, "dohwakhin is wise to never trust a dova" (typos ino) and heres a couple of reasons why i deemed it worth killing him.

* You get your hands on Dragonbane (Awesome katana sword doing extra damage to dragons)

* Permanent buff to make slaying dragons easier (Esbern will offer you this after first Blade quest)

* Even with Parthurnax dead you will keep the chosen Meditation word, just make sure you choose the one you like the best, in my case Fus (Force with no effort)

* 6 x clean Blades Sword's for experimenting with the (imo) most stylish 1h wpn in game. (Yes yes i know not the highest damage sword but youll be overpowered in no time anyways in this game)

* A legit way to remove those annoying housecarls by simply allowing them to be recruited by Blades

* You will now have a Follower camp with 3 followers to choose from in the same spot, quite convenient imo.

* Esbern is cool, and voice acted by a danish actor (im danish :thumbsup: )

Other than that those damn hippie-graybeards looking down from their High Hrothgar with despise on us the people fighting a war against dragons, vampires and Empire (altmerian dominion is kill on sight for me!)

I chose not to kill Paarthurnax. What the Blades have to offer is mediocre at best. Here are my counterarguments to your arguments:

* You get Dragonbane and the six Blades Swords right when you first enter Sky Haven Temple, no need to join the Blades.

* That perk you get from Esbern is glitched beyond belief. Besides, it's not that great anyway.

* Paarthurnax staying alive allows you to switch between which word to meditate on.

* Housecarls aren't that annoyi, at least not enough to want Paarthurnax dead.

* Follower camp? Who cares? Do you not know where all the followers are in the first place? The only follower that realy benefits is Kharjo because he's always on the move. Still, not enough for me to kill Paarthurnax.

* Paarthurnax's voice actor is the guy who voices Mario, and I'm Italian. Liking a voice actor is nowhere near enough to merit killing Paarthurnax.

Overall, the Blades donmt offer as much as the Greybeards do. With the Greybeards, you can meditate on the three words of power with Paarthurnax, and Arngeir can show you the locations of word walls. As far as the Blades are concerned, the way think of dragons is no different than the way the Stormcloaks treat the other races of Skyrim. The Aldmeri Dominion are a group of Elven idiots, but that doesn't mean all elves are bad. Alduin tried to destroy the world, but that doesn't mean all dragons are evil. Paarthurnax helps you, Odahviing helps you after The Fallen is complete, and if you have Dawnguard installed Durnehviir helps you as well. Dragons trump th Blades any day, end of story.

Tony I agree with you. I Rate your comment 10/10.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't kill Paarthurnax because...well I liked him first of all. To me he was more help than the Blades were in dealing with Alduin...I mean he teaches you things, helps you learn the ancient Nord shout Dragonrend, he helps you fight Alduin and helps you capture Odahviing. While Paarthurnax is doing these things what are the Blades doing? Oh thats right, they were holed far from the danger in some ancient ruin reading. So what if Paarthurnax was Alduin's right hand man...he really had no chioce in the matter and was following his nature, he himself overcame his inherent evil to help men throw off Alduin and the other dragons rule. Sure he admits not a day goes by he doesn't think of returning to his old nature but he's held himself in check a very long time so I see no reason to think he'll crack anytime soon. If Paarthurnax does return to evil then he'd have to deal with the dragonborn...who killed Alduin, the dragon that Paarthurnax wasn't strong enough to kill on his own. Plus theres the fact that the Blades claim to be sworn to your service...really because they pout and refuse to help me more if I don't do what they want. Seems to me if they're really sworn to the Dragonborn's service your word is law and you should have the option to tell them no, let them whine and moan then give in because its your will that Paarthurnax lives. They are sworn to protect and serve you. Edited by Jennifur68