Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

this is lame...

i have dwarven boots that i took from the stock game (the model and texture) ... retextured it, and remade the model to point to the texture...

i have

ARMO renamed, renumbered dwarven boots (with a new dwarvenboots_GO MOD2) , the MODL of ARMO points to a new renamed renumbered ARMA ... i took the models dwarvenboot_0 and dwarvenbootF_0 (the ARMA models MOD2 and MOD3) and made the paths point to the new texture... and when i equip the boots...

its invisible... like my legs are chopped off/ invisible.

as far as i can tell i did everything right... wtf???

and its not nifskopes problem... my new swords work perfectly...

Should upload the .esp and post here.

Note I won't be home for like 7 hours :(

At work

Unless you figure it yourself or somebody else has suggestions :)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been trying to get the game to use a new texture with a new formID for a specific spell impact decal. I did this by creating a new listing under TXST and then setting the path for the specific spell to use that new formid.

Everything works but if I save a game with the decal present, uninstall the mod, and try to load up the save, the game CTDs. The only solution to this problem that I know of is to move into a different cell without the lingering texture decal and then saving before uninstalling. Now this is a little too complicated for the general population so I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas to get around this easier?

Edited by isoku

Should upload the .esp and post here.

Note I won't be home for like 7 hours :(

At work

Unless you figure it yourself or somebody else has suggestions :)

okay heres the mod im working on, far far far from finished but yeah, the swords work perfect in game, i cant get the boots or circlet to work.

i figured out for the enchanted sword to work the CNAM points to the unenchanted version (the "dumb" entries are there for just that). TNAM on armors ... maybe i have that wrong on the armor?? but the sword works in game.

i havent finished with everything to do for the circlet cause i figured id get the boots to work first "feet of icarus"

Edited by CaoMengde777

Hello everyone.

Sorry, but this is one more stupid question about NifScope from one more complete newbie.

My original intention was to import some weapons from another game, but I had failed on step 2 of manual (or at least I think so) even without working with external meshes.

I extracted mesh of Iron Sword (1stpersonlongsword.nif) from Skyrim with Fallout Mod Manager, and if I put it in ".../Skyrim/Data/Meshes/weapons/iron/" it works properly (so mesh of Iron Sword itself is not broken).

Probably I do some trivial mistake since I have no experience in TES modding…

...But if I open mesh in NifScope I get a lot of error messages (see picture below). If I try to save it and replace original mesh with re-saved one (I change nothing, just open the original mesh and save it without changes) I get the game crushed. It simply stops when I try to equip Iron Sword and hangs; only way to close it is use Alt+Ctrl+Del or reboot. As far as I understand game cannot read the original mesh re-saved via NifScope.

One more issue you can see on screenshot is that BSShaderTextureSet's leave their original parent directory (BSLightingShaderProperty). I tried to reattach it via BSLightingShaderProperty ->TextureSet, but got the same result after importing mesh into the game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9130441/TES_modding/NifScopeProblem_preview.jpg

P.S. sorry if my English is quite imperfect, it isn't my native language.

step two is important--- if you ignore it you WILL fail...

just click the link and save the file you get into your nifskope installation directory

Hmm...

I have done it. I downloaded the file and replaced original nif.xml with new one. Without it NifScope do not open Skyrim meshes at all. With "patched" nif.xml program opens meshes, but shows errors in post above.

---added---

Just wondering... Which version of NifScope new nif.xml is supposed to be used with?

Edited by CapitanNemo

forget what i asked, i managed to figure it out i was reading it completely wrong....

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab27/ryujin_jaka/Screenshot5604.png

also, i would hug you right now... just sayin

Edited by joefantana

Hi, i am trying to load a new mesh inside a nif file with nifscope. i exported the original obj from nifscope, modified the mesh with blender and then reimported the mesh. What i get ingame is this http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5971/28896796.jpg

i have followed every step suggested in the first post but i cannot understand where is the problem. In nifscope i have this problem anyway. The new imported mesh is a traslated higher http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3601/57199253.jpg