Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update your nif.xml with the newest, which you'll probably need a newer NifSkope for.

Ah, thank you very much! It's all thanks to you if we can mod right now, i really appreciate what you do :).

Edited by Phate3

Come on! No one can help me? Hints can be helpfull too!

You're trying to import an armor, armors have skin weights, which you need to set. Watch the last video in the first post of this thread: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/485274-video-tutorial-how-to-get-custom-weapons-into-skyrim/

Sometimes, when re positioning something in Nifskope, it is not in the same position in game. IE; A skirt attached to armor.

Also, how do I tell something, say a dagger, to "attach" to a certain body part? I can move it wherever I like, but in game, when I move, the dagger moves around as if it's attached to my shoulder instead of my hip.

These problems are separate(I think). Can someone tell me how to fix these, or point me to whatever guide or tutorial part I'm missing?

Edited by uruku7

Sometimes, when re positioning something in Nifskope, it is not in the same position in game. IE; A skirt attached to armor.

Also, how do I tell something, say a dagger, to "attach" to a certain body part? I can move it wherever I like, but in game, when I move, the dagger moves around as if it's attached to my shoulder instead of my hip.

These problems are separate(I think). Can someone tell me how to fix these, or point me to whatever guide or tutorial part I'm missing?

1) you can't translate skinned meshes -well you can, but the results are generally unpleasant. You'd need to make the edits in Blender/Max and re-export so the skinning is properly handled.

2) In Nifskope, there's a NiStringExtraData that all weapons need for this. The Name field is Prn (parent), and the string is which bone/type you're attaching to. Check with vanilla assets to see which is appropriate for what you're adding.

I'm using TESSnip to add a new helm to the game.

So far I've gotten everything done, but I'm stuck at setting the MODL. I'm not sure I understand how this works. Double clicking it reveals a handful of numbers.

What am I supposed to add here to point to the right model files?

There are 3 MODL fields for armor. I suspect there's a field for Male armor, a field for Female armor, and a field for the Menu preview model. But I could be way off. But I cant seem to figure out how to actually added the model path in there.

Edit: I was wrong, MOD2 represents the menu item preview. I can get that working, but I still can't get the models to show up on the character

Edited by Northborn

Can someone here help me out please? I'm having a glow map issue. I edited the daedric armor with 3ds max 2012 and finished off the editing with nifskope. When I copy the NiAlphaProperty of the original daedric mesh into mine, i get the issue below. If I don't add that line, the armor looks fine, but is won't have the glowing parts.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7326/frontwh.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9882/backtup.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How can I make the glow look like how it should? If anyone knows, I would really appreciate the help.